Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I have applied to the postgraduate dietetics course at chester uni for 2017 entry. I am just waiting to hear whether I have got an interview... I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I am just wondering if anybody knows when I should find out if I've got an interview or not? And if anybody has any advice on how to prepare for the interview?

Any help would be so so so helpful!!!

Laura
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lauratarry8)
    Hi guys,

I have applied to the postgraduate dietetics course at chester uni for 2017 entry. I am just waiting to hear whether I have got an interview... I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I am just wondering if anybody knows when I should find out if I've got an interview or not? And if anybody has any advice on how to prepare for the interview?

Laura
    Hi Laura,

If you would like to check the progress of your application, feel free to email our Postgraduate Admissions team
    [email protected]

Good luck with your application! 🍀

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Laura
    Hi Laura,

We will find out in February, there was an application timetable on the website at the time of applying. Below is what it says

Good luck!

February 2017

All interview notifications will be made online.

Please note that the interview date is Wednesday 8th March 2017. Please ensure you are available as there will not be any alternative dates.

We now follow the Values Based Recruitment process as mandated by Health Education England, http://hee.nhs.uk/work-programmes/va...d-recruitment/ This will take the format of multiple mini interviews.

Following interview, successful applicants will receive either a conditional or an unconditional offer. You should confirm if you wish to accept/decline the offer as soon as possible.

Suitable interviewees who cannot be made an offer will be placed on a waiting list for places and unsuccessful interviewees will be notified.

You will be notified regarding this by no later than the end of April 2017.

If you are unsuccessful after interview and would like feedback, please request this by the end of April 2017. It will be provided in May 2017.

April 2017

If you accept an offer you will receive information on placements, police and health checks.

You will be contacted by the Institutional Compliance Officer regarding the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) process. Please ensure that you reply promptly, as this may affect your placements in the future.

You must also ensure you have the required immunisations prior to commencing the programme.

June-July 2017

If the offer is conditional you must confirm the results of your examinations online as soon as possible. If you studied your degree at the University of Chester, we will check the results for you.

August 2017

You will be contacted regarding the induction programme and timetable.

Mid September 2017

Induction programme and start of teaching for programme

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I've applied there too! Maybe shout if you hear anything & I'll do the same?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also awaiting a reply from chester. I was wondering whether anybody else has received anything from them? Knowing the interviews are in two weeks.. the time is running out so i'm starting to think i haven't been successful?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I've heard back from Chester and Cardiff

Hope you've all got interviews too Xx

ReputationRep:
    I've also got an interview at Chester- found out last week, but their is another interview date of 23rd march which is the one i'm attending as the other clashed with Cardiff...Hope you have found out

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how you all got on?

I attended the interview at Chester on 8th March and have just found out I've been offered a place on the course! I'm so excited to start!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm wondering how you all got on?

I attended the interview at Chester on 8th March and have just found out I've been offered a place on the course! I'm so excited to start!
    Congratulations Laura!!! See you in September

I interviewed at both Chester and Cardiff and got offered a place at both. I am choosing Chester as it's where I am at now. Hope you all got what you wanted.

#RD2B

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I was womdering if any of you applied using a referee from your volunteering work.
    Would you recommend it or do you always choose referees from academic environment?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't see why you couldn't use your volunteering referee. As long as what they write links to the skills and attributes needed to make a good dietitian. Who would you do for your second reference? I had my university course leader and manager for my job at the hospital as my referees. Hope this helps! Laura

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lauratarry8;73029592]Hi, I don't see why you couldn't use your volunteering referee. As long as what they write links to the skills and attributes needed to make a good dietitian. Who would you do for your second reference? I had my university course leader and manager for my job at the hospital as my referees. Hope this helps! Laura

Thank you for your answer. Well, my second referee would be my Biochemistry professor (during my undergrand) or my PhD advisor. Initially I thought that these two would be my two references, but are both from an academic environment. This is why I am asking if the volunteer work manager would be a good idea...

ReputationRep:
    What academic background do all you guys have? I am interested in applying for a pgdip in dietetics but am unsure if my background will be sufficient as I did not study physiology.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2017
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.