Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you do in London in your free time?
    Why does everyone portray LSE as a place with very low student satisfaction?
    Do you have any idea what a History course is like at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lseqanda123)
    I hope you pass it too! I'm sure you'll be more than fine. Very competitive but if you're passionate enough you have every chance. Any more questions, just ask
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering this igcse result? Is LSE okay for me considering I want to do either engineering or medicine? Are Kings and Imperial a good choice?
    Editschool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    I got these grades in igcses(which are supposedly harder than normal gcses):
    BIOLOGY:A*
    CHEMISTRY:A*
    PHYSICS:A*
    MATHEMATICS:A*
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE:A
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES (ISLAMIAT):A
    PAKISTAN STUDIES: (HISTORY+GEOGRAPHY)A
    WORLD HISTORY:A
    URDU LANGUAGE:B
    Which unis will be fine for me considering this igcse result? Is LSE okay for me considering I want to do either engineering or medicine? Are Kings and Imperial a good choice?
    Editschool only offered 9 igcses.Will that disadvantage me as I could have gotten more A/A*.
    Those are good grades and I'm sure they'd be competitive for those unis (just remember though, I'm only a second year uni student- ask your teachers or call the uni!)

LSE doesn't do engineering or medicine, as it's only a social sciences university. Imperial will do engineering but as far as I know, not medicine. I think Kings does both? I'd check it a prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    Those are good grades and I'm sure they'd be competitive for those unis (just remember though, I'm only a second year uni student- ask your teachers or call the uni!)

LSE doesn't do engineering or medicine, as it's only a social sciences university. Imperial will do engineering but as far as I know, not medicine. I think Kings does both? I'd check it a prospectus.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, so sorry to bother, but I was wondering that my subjects are Econ, Maths, Business + AS Further Maths. I've told you that my predicted will probably be A*A*A + A(AS), but the subject combo is really stressing me out.
    Do you reckon it's ok and I can compensate in my PS/references? Or should I just not bother applying? Do you have people with similar combinations who were successful at LSE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    Hi again, so sorry to bother, but I was wondering that my subjects are Econ, Maths, Business + AS Further Maths. I've told you that my predicted will probably be A*A*A + A(AS), but the subject combo is really stressing me out.
    Do you reckon it's ok and I can compensate in my PS/references? Or should I just not bother applying? Do you have people with similar combinations who were successful at LSE?
    I do know people who had similar combos and got in. My boyfriend studies finance at LSE, so I've just asked him and he warned me to tell you to avoid business studies; as an AS it's probably fine but maybe not to full A-level

ReputationRep:
    I do know people who had similar combos and got in. My boyfriend studies finance at LSE, so I've just asked him and he warned me to tell you to avoid business studies; as an AS it's probably fine but maybe not to full A-level
    Ah, okay, thank you so much for everything!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.