Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I keep fit while on holiday? Watch

ReputationRep:
    After my exams this month, I am going on a 3 week holiday and I want to know how I can keep as fit as I can without losing too much muscle. I have been going for the last few months and I have a decent shape now but I am scared that I will lose all my hard work.

I was wondering what workouts I can do in my room, gonna be staying at a youth hostel so no gym I'm afraid. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    There's no point I think it's unlikely you'll be working out whilst on holiday. Even if you really want to you'll want to relax. Say bye to muscle
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Eat sensibly, walk, do some bodyweight squats, push-ups and find a tree you can do some pullups on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Eat sensibly, walk, do some be squats, push-ups and find a tree you can do some pullups on

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you cucumber. Do you recommend the perfect pushup discs that you can buy online? It looks something that I can pack in my bag and is quite light, my push-up form is a bit crap you see
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darren A)
    Thank you cucumber. Do you recommend the perfect pushup discs that you can buy online? It looks something that I can pack in my bag and is quite light, my push-up form is a bit crap you see
    They don't help your push up form at all, to get better at pushups you need to do more of them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    They don't help your push up form at all, to get better at pushups you need to do more of them!
    Oh, but what uses do they have then? Is it a waste of money?

ReputationRep:
    I travelled for almost two months, just did some push ups, squats, ab exercises, planked, and ate relatively healthily. Didn't lose any weight or muscle

ReputationRep:
    After my exams this month, I am going on a 3 week holiday and I want to know how I can keep as fit as I can without losing too much muscle. I have been going for the last few months and I have a decent shape now but I am scared that I will lose all my hard work.

I was wondering what workouts I can do in my room, gonna be staying at a youth hostel so no gym I'm afraid. Thanks
    push ups,sit ups, get some of these small 5 kg weights there are also a whole load of things like jumping jacks and things just look on you tube and finally you could try going for a run if you don't mind sweating a little bit oh ad swimming is also really good in the sea is free and you can combine it with a trip to the beach.

ReputationRep:

If your main concern is losing muscle then it's more important to keep up your diet so maybe stock up on protein bars and shakes and if you can cook at the hostel get loads of chicken breast from a supermarket.

As for training you don't have much choice, if there's a fitness centre in the hostel then obviously go there but the only time I've seen one it was cardio machines only. If your taking a plane there then I take it your not gonna want to add 30kg to your luggage by bringing a pair of dumbells so your only option otherwise is to just do press ups on the floor and maybe find a pole to do pull ups... also you can put your feet on a chair and hold the edge of your bed for tricep dips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadVisionary)
    I travelled for almost two months, just did some push ups, squats, ab exercises, planked, and ate relatively healthily. Didn't lose any weight or muscle
    Nice, what was your routine like? Need something to follow

ReputationRep:
    When I was on holiday I did some short HIIT-style workouts every other day - mixture of cardio and also exercises that others have mentioned, like squats, planks, press ups, ab exercises and so on. Seemed to work for me, though I wasn't concerned about losing muscle specifically. I think, as others have said, that diet is also important.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Oh, but what uses do they have then? Is it a waste of money?
    They're largely a con

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.