Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just enrolled to study Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & IT, the course is worth 120 credits. I hope to complete this and then use as a pathway into brick uni. I was curious once I complete this course and attend university full time would I be in second year? I've read that this course is worth 2/3 of undergraduates degree
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gatsby19)
    I've just enrolled to study Certificate of Higher Education in Computing & IT, the course is worth 120 credits. I hope to complete this and then use as a pathway into brick uni. I was curious once I complete this course and attend university full time would I be in second year? I've read that this course is worth 2/3 of undergraduates degree
    Technically a Certificate of Higher Education is equal to the first year of a degree (so 1/3); however it is very difficult to transfer into the second year of a brick university degree using OU qualifications. To be able to transfer, the university you are applying to needs to be satisfied that the modules you have done are equivalent to their own (not just the level of study, but also the topics covered). Email the universities you are interested in and ask, but I would be surprised if any agreed to let you transfer into the second year.

You will be able to use your CertHE to gain entry into a brick university, but you will more than likely have to begin the degree from the first year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.