Dregab
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am currently in my first year of college studying the BTEC Level 3 90 credit diploma in health and social care. I'll get 2 grades at the end of this year. By the end of the year I will have achieved the 90 credit Diploma and hope to leave it there.

I was thinking about only doing A level Psychology on its own in my second year of college by fast tracking it in one year.

I have experience studying Psychology AS in 2015-2016 and also there is a Psychology unit in H+SC that I am currently studying.

I feel like a mix of A levels and a BTEC is good because my BTEC is 100% course work and I want to:

> better prepare myself for university exams

> increase my likelihood of getting into a Russel Group Uni/ getting an offer for the course I want to study (Sociology and Education BA) at the University of Birmingham.

> I think Studying H+SC for 2 years would become boring and I see the same faces every time I have a lesson where as if I change subjects I'll get to do something new and meet new people.

If I take this route will I end up with the equivalent of 3 A levels or 2.5? Is this plan a good idea?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (52)
16%
The paper was reasonable (163)
50.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (79)
24.31%
It was TERRIBLE (31)
9.54%

Watched Threads