The Student Room Group

A Level Choices

If I take Chemistry, Biology and Physics am I asking for death? Should I do something else instead of Physics? Post-sixth form I'm hoping to go onto do Medicine/Neuroscience/Biomed something along those lines (I haven't really decided yet)
Reply 1
Not necessarily. I know people who did your three subjects, maths, and further maths who ended up fine. You will just have to work really hard. :smile:
Reply 2
I'm taking biology, chemistry and English lit and apparently I won't get sleep lol. Imagine doing physics instead of English bruh.. But tbh the 3 sciences will probably be a lot but hey its not impossible.
Reply 3
Original post by sarahyi
I'm taking biology, chemistry and English lit and apparently I won't get sleep lol. Imagine doing physics instead of English bruh.. But tbh the 3 sciences will probably be a lot but hey its not impossible.

I was wondering whether to take psychology instead of physics because I feel like it'd be less full on but... psychology isn't a facilitating subject :s-smilie:
I'm doing biology, chemistry, physics and maths atm and its a crazy amount of work. I did well at GCSE but the step up in difficulty at Alevel is huge (i found especially in physics). Although its not impossible I would probs advise not doing physics, but something else
Reply 5
Original post by catlol
I was wondering whether to take psychology instead of physics because I feel like it'd be less full on but... psychology isn't a facilitating subject :s-smilie:

Chemistry and bio are facilitating subjects so I guess it wouldn't hurt if ur third one wasn't. But then again three facilitating subjects are highly respectable
Reply 6
A few of my friends are doing those three subjects and maths and I don't think they find it too much at the minute (although it's only AS). I do Bio, Chem, maths, further maths and Spanish and I honestly don't mind the amount of work because I like all the subjects. If you enjoy all of them and if you want to do something similar in future then I'd say that three sciences is a good choice x
Reply 7
Original post by katiew5
A few of my friends are doing those three subjects and maths and I don't think they find it too much at the minute (although it's only AS). I do Bio, Chem, maths, further maths and Spanish and I honestly don't mind the amount of work because I like all the subjects. If you enjoy all of them and if you want to do something similar in future then I'd say that three sciences is a good choice x

thank you! seems to me everyone on this site is a genius... you're all taking 5 A Levels and I'm worrying about 3. hope the rest of your A Levels go well x
Reply 8
Original post by catlol
thank you! seems to me everyone on this site is a genius... you're all taking 5 A Levels and I'm worrying about 3. hope the rest of your A Levels go well x

I'm like you and I can't decide what I want to do yet. Thankyou, you too! if your college allows it, you could do four if you can't choose between physics or psychology and then drop your least favourite within the first couple of weeks x

Quick Reply

Latest