The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh Size

Hello all!

I recently got offers at St Andrews and Edinburgh. I love the city of Edinburgh, but I also like the community aspect of St Andrews. To all who have a good understanding of the U of Edinburgh, is there such a feeling there?
Original post by quinnthequail
Hello all!

I recently got offers at St Andrews and Edinburgh. I love the city of Edinburgh, but I also like the community aspect of St Andrews. To all who have a good understanding of the U of Edinburgh, is there such a feeling there?

Hello! Sorry that nobody has responded. I have good knowledge of both St Andrews and University of Edinburgh. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Yes, St Andrews has the town as their campus and a smaller population and therefore it really does have a strong community feel. You'll run into someone every time you walk to class or to go out.....and that can be both good and bad. But overall SA is a fantastic uni with a lot of parties.

Uni of Edinburgh as you know is a much larger university. It is a wonderful city! Large enough to have most everything but small enough that you can basically walk everywhere. I think if you live in the student accommodations and get to know the other students living there and get involved in societies you'll have a community feel
very similar to SA. It will be important to find your small group in the big university. But I know people who have done that and have had a great experience at Edinburgh.

Finally, I'd say that SA has a higher student satisfaction rating than Edinburgh but the people I know at both SA and Edinburgh really love it at their uni. Good Luck!
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Hopefully1
Hello! Sorry that nobody has responded. I have good knowledge of both St Andrews and University of Edinburgh. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Yes, St Andrews has the town as their campus and a smaller population and therefore it really does have a strong community feel. You'll run into someone every time you walk to class or to go out.....and that can be both good and bad. But overall SA is a fantastic uni with a lot of parties.

Uni of Edinburgh as you know is a much larger university. It is a wonderful city! Large enough to have most everything but small enough that you can basically walk everywhere. I think if you live in the student accommodations and get to know the other students living there and get involved in societies you'll have a community feel
very similar to SA. It will be important to find your small group in the big university. But I know people who have done that and have had a great experience at Edinburgh.

Finally, I'd say that SA has a higher student satisfaction rating than Edinburgh but the people I know at both SA and Edinburgh really love it at their uni. Good Luck!

Thank you so much for the response! It was very insightful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest