Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all!

I recently got offers at St Andrews and Edinburgh. I love the city of Edinburgh, but I also like the community aspect of St Andrews. To all who have a good understanding of the U of Edinburgh, is there such a feeling there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quinnthequail)
    Hello all!

I recently got offers at St Andrews and Edinburgh. I love the city of Edinburgh, but I also like the community aspect of St Andrews. To all who have a good understanding of the U of Edinburgh, is there such a feeling there?
    Hello! Sorry that nobody has responded. I have good knowledge of both St Andrews and University of Edinburgh. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Yes, St Andrews has the town as their campus and a smaller population and therefore it really does have a strong community feel. You'll run into someone every time you walk to class or to go out.....and that can be both good and bad. But overall SA is a fantastic uni with a lot of parties.

Uni of Edinburgh as you know is a much larger university. It is a wonderful city! Large enough to have most everything but small enough that you can basically walk everywhere. I think if you live in the student accommodations and get to know the other students living there and get involved in societies you'll have a community feel
    very similar to SA. It will be important to find your small group in the big university. But I know people who have done that and have had a great experience at Edinburgh.

Finally, I'd say that SA has a higher student satisfaction rating than Edinburgh but the people I know at both SA and Edinburgh really love it at their uni. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefully1)
    Hello! Sorry that nobody has responded. I have good knowledge of both St Andrews and University of Edinburgh. I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

Yes, St Andrews has the town as their campus and a smaller population and therefore it really does have a strong community feel. You'll run into someone every time you walk to class or to go out.....and that can be both good and bad. But overall SA is a fantastic uni with a lot of parties.

Uni of Edinburgh as you know is a much larger university. It is a wonderful city! Large enough to have most everything but small enough that you can basically walk everywhere. I think if you live in the student accommodations and get to know the other students living there and get involved in societies you'll have a community feel
    very similar to SA. It will be important to find your small group in the big university. But I know people who have done that and have had a great experience at Edinburgh.

Finally, I'd say that SA has a higher student satisfaction rating than Edinburgh but the people I know at both SA and Edinburgh really love it at their uni. Good Luck!
    Thank you so much for the response! It was very insightful

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.