Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someone mark my answer to a exam question i have done? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Explain how any one core study can be considered to be located within the area of cognitive psychology? 5 Marks

My answer

Loftus and Palmer's (1973) study on eyewitness testimony is linked to the cognitive area of psychology as it focuses on memory, one of the thought processes that underpins the cognitive approach-alongside perception,attention etc. The cognitive approach focuses on how we think,with the belief that such thought processes affect the way in which we behave . In Loftus and Palmer's study it was found that post event information (in experiment 2) such as leading question changed the way the participants recalled what they saw, leading to inaccuracies. Therefore it was an internal thought process that impacted their ability to recall accurately rather than, for example,any genetic factors.

From your point of view what mark would you give and why?
    Is there any improvement is should make?
    what should i include?

THANK YOU

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.