Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The internet likes to give a variety of answers, some of which contradict others, so I'll leave it to the wonderful people of TSR to answer (if people do) mainly because I'm struggling!

In terms of microstructure etc, why are materials good insulators, and what properties lead them to be useful in their use as (my English seems to be failing me...) windows?

If you use any sources, if you could include them - that would be awesome! But if you can't find/it's from your head/you just can't be bothered, don't worry about including.

Thanks! (Hopefully...)

ReputationRep:
    It's transparent, more so than any plastic alternative plus when It breaks it shatters loudly deterring thieves as it's incredibly sharp when It fragments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.