Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help! Asia! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by If u dont mind)
    Some people are ignorant. They cannot be changed... they will never change. I have lived in India for 15 years before coming to UK and that was the best part of my life! (If anyone wants to say "why dont u go back then?", yes, i'm going back when I have enough savings in my bank account)
    The thing about open toilet is soo past it doesnt even exist in 98% of the country and i still dont know why tf these people are arguing about it.

If you want to complain about India, atleast visit there first and then open your f**king mouth.
    Thanks, glad you enjoyed your time here!

It's not just about India though...I hate it when people who have no idea what they're talking about become judgemental. Talking trash about a place they clearly haven't visited is unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita Verma)
    I feel so sorry for you guys. Clearly you live in your own delusional, narrow-minded, pathetic little world where you're so immature that you generalise an entire country. For your own sake, grow up. Are you so negative and eager to pick a fight because you have nothing else to do in life? Or are you just jealous?

For your information, the country that you're so openly badmouthing is the land of the Taj Mahal- one of the seven wonders of the world. It is a land that has been fought over for its spices and treasures. It is a land so rich in tradition, ideologies and culture that the Western world still looks at it for inspiration be it yoga, Ayurveda or smart business moves.

I'm well aware that India is not perfect. No country is. There is room for improvement. But despite all its downfalls, India does not deserve to be criticised in the way that you have.

If India really is as terrible as you claim, why is it still one of the most sought after tourist destinations?

Oh and if you're about to Google some horrible facts about India to rebut this reply, remember...even the CEO of Google is INDIAN.
    LMAOOOO poo in loo is mad :rofl: The Taj Mahal was built by Mughals, and regardless it's turning green because of **** particles in the air :rofl:

Instead of becoming CEO maybe you should work to build enough toilets in your country so you can finally poo in loo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita Verma)

If India really is as terrible as you claim, why is it still one of the most sought after tourist destinations?

Oh and if you're about to Google some horrible facts about India to rebut this reply, remember...even the CEO of Google is INDIAN.
    Sex tourism. I'm not joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Go to Nam or the Philippines and there are still areas of cultural interest. Plus it's cheap.
    Areas of cultural interest in the Philippines? Not really.

Unless you go to the south, and I wouldn't recommend that.

It is pretty cheap though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.