Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Forward planning

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I guess there's probably stuff like SATs or the graduate equivalent and stuff to sort out before applications open in September, so now would be kind of the time to start preparing for an application - but I highly doubt many current second years are really thinking about masters programs already...
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonkeeper999)
    Yeah, I guess there's probably stuff like SATs or the graduate equivalent and stuff to sort out before applications open in September, so now would be kind of the time to start preparing for an application - but I highly doubt many current second years are really thinking about masters programs already...
    Ah yes you do have to do the GRE! Hadn't even thought about that.

And therefore you have to be accepted normally to the Dept and also the Scholarship Program - so quite tough... but at least their grad school acceptance rate is a fairly reasonable 19% compared to 6% at undergrad.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ah yes you do have to do the GRE! Hadn't even thought about that.

And therefore you have to be accepted normally to the Dept and also the Scholarship Program - so quite tough... but at least their grad school acceptance rate is a fairly reasonable 19% compared to 6% at undergrad.
    Oh, that's still a pretty low acceptance rate... :/ My grades are probably too low anyway, not sure why I'm bothering to think about the possibility :cry2::cry::cry2::cry::cry2::cry:Ah, one can dream...

Thanks for the info though If labs miraculously finish four hours early/ we get a lunch break I'll probably head along to the talk to hear all the details

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.