Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Please help! I was revising Mitosis and Meiosis...And came across this Q on Meiosis which has been twisting my brain ever since.

Q: If Diploid cells [2n=6] divide my Meiosis, how many different combinations of chromosomes would it be possible to find among the haploid cells produced?

Please help asap...
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Moved to a more relevant forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Moved to a more relevant forum.
    Hi can u link me to the more relevant forum please. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revisionlad)
    Hi can u link me to the more relevant forum please. Thanks
    Your thread has been moved to the Biology (and other life sciences) forum, found here.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Please help! I was revising Mitosis and Meiosis...And came across this Q on Meiosis which has been twisting my brain ever since.

Q: If Diploid cells [2n=6] divide my Meiosis, how many different combinations of chromosomes would it be possible to find among the haploid cells produced?

Please help asap...
    Thanks.
    When the diploid number is 2n the number of different chromosomal combinations that can occur is 2^n

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    When the diploid number is 2n the number of different chromosomal combinations that can occur is 2^n
    Okay?...So what is the final answer...And can it be proved by a diagram? Just for visual aid....Cuz I can't get my head around this...thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Okay?...So what is the final answer...And can it be proved by a diagram? Just for visual aid....Cuz I can't get my head around this...thanks
    What is 2^3?

Does this help at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the Arcane)
    What is 2^3?

Does this help at all?

Yes it does! Thanks for taking the time to do this and help me out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.