Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you guys ever feel just really fed up/tired of everything.. Watch

I'm just so exhausted of having problem after problem. Like it's as soon as you have one problem dealt with another pops up. Every week I just struggle so hard, feel anxious and depressed everyday and go home every night and literally just cry lol.

I'm currently in Year 12 doing A Levels, finding it so difficult! To make matters worse, I don't really have a good support system at school, and my "friends" are so snakey. Always using me when they need something smh. I'm desperate to meet new people but I don't even have the confidence. I only have one true friend outside of school who lives away from home now and he's pretty similar to me (quite introverted).

Academic side of sixth form is also horrific, I'm not failing but I have a never ending to do list. My mum said my sister in Year 10 does more work than me and was so offended! I never waste my frees, spend so much time at home doing work and sixth form is incredibly difficult for me so it's annoying when it doesn't even seem like your family is on your side.

I'm just so tired of everything, I can't even deal with it anymore...

Any advice lol? And does anyone feel the same way..?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sometimes

ReputationRep:
    I get the whole being compared to your siblings thing. My younger brother performs in the theatre in London, so I constantly feel like I'm being compared to an 11 year old. The only advice I can suggest is to set goals. Ignore the people who are trying to bring you down and focus on what's good for you. What subjects are you doing? Are you going to go to uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm just so exhausted of having problem after problem. Like it's as soon as you have one problem dealt with another pops up. Every week I just struggle so hard, feel anxious and depressed everyday and go home every night and literally just cry lol.

I'm currently in Year 12 doing A Levels, finding it so difficult! To make matters worse, I don't really have a good support system at school, and my "friends" are so snakey. Always using me when they need something smh. I'm desperate to meet new people but I don't even have the confidence. I only have one true friend outside of school who lives away from home now and he's pretty similar to me (quite introverted).

Academic side of sixth form is also horrific, I'm not failing but I have a never ending to do list. My mum said my sister in Year 10 does more work than me and was so offended! I never waste my frees, spend so much time at home doing work and sixth form is incredibly difficult for me so it's annoying when it doesn't even seem like your family is on your side.

Sorry to hear that things are going this way for you. Part of me wants to say that life isn't meant to be easy, but at the same time I understand things shouldn't seem this hard for you and frankly it can just be hard to cope Is there anyone you can talk to at Sixth Form for support? I mean if your friends are unreliable and your family aren't supporting you, then maybe this would be good?

It can be very hard to sometimes, but it's important that we try and reach out for support when we're feeling overwhelmed like this Believe me though, I can understand that it can be hard. Sometimes you feel down and it can be so hard not to wallow, but you have to try and get through it and I'm sure you have a lot more inner strength to be able to than you might think

I hope I've managed to at least be of some help Don't give up :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Every day for about three years, though I had a moment 5 mins ago which was strange

ReputationRep:

I do know how you feel... but keep strong girl; you'll get through it!x What a levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I feel exactly the same way! Sometimes everything just seems pointless, and not just sixth form work although tbh I haven't been doing much of that at all recently
    But these feelings will pass! Eventually it'll all work out, even though it seems hard to believe right now.
    feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk

ReputationRep:

I understand and feel your pain. I've kinda learnt that sometimes the only person you can depend on is yourself so do what makes you happy. Get yourself a good book once In a while watch a film go for a walk whatever you like to do to cheer yourself up

It's crappy when things aren't going okay (being in a levels too I understand and I empathise with you:hugs:...)
    :hugs:, like SassKing13 said - don't give up x

(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    I get the whole being compared to your siblings thing. My younger brother performs in the theatre in London, so I constantly feel like I'm being compared to an 11 year old. The only advice I can suggest is to set goals. Ignore the people who are trying to bring you down and focus on what's good for you. What subjects are you doing? Are you going to go to uni?
    (Original post by sunshine774)
    I do know how you feel... but keep strong girl; you'll get through it!x What a levels are you doing?
    I'm doing Biology, Psychology and Geography. Thanks for the support! x
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Always, just gotta plough on though.

(Original post by SassKing13)
    Sorry to hear that things are going this way for you. Part of me wants to say that life isn't meant to be easy, but at the same time I understand things shouldn't seem this hard for you and frankly it can just be hard to cope Is there anyone you can talk to at Sixth Form for support? I mean if your friends are unreliable and your family aren't supporting you, then maybe this would be good?

It can be very hard to sometimes, but it's important that we try and reach out for support when we're feeling overwhelmed like this Believe me though, I can understand that it can be hard. Sometimes you feel down and it can be so hard not to wallow, but you have to try and get through it and I'm sure you have a lot more inner strength to be able to than you might think

I hope I've managed to at least be of some help Don't give up :hugs:
    (Original post by TK_23)
    I understand and feel your pain. I've kinda learnt that sometimes the only person you can depend on is yourself so do what makes you happy. Get yourself a good book once In a while watch a film go for a walk whatever you like to do to cheer yourself up

It's crappy when things aren't going okay (being in a levels too I understand and I empathise with you:hugs:...)
    :hugs:, like SassKing13 said - don't give up x
    (Original post by colorado)
    I feel exactly the same way! Sometimes everything just seems pointless, and not just sixth form work although tbh I haven't been doing much of that at all recently
    But these feelings will pass! Eventually it'll all work out, even though it seems hard to believe right now.
    feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk
    Thank you guys for all your support! I really appreciate it. I'm just going through a really weird time atm x

ReputationRep:
    Yup lots but we gotta keep fighting through it, forgiving and forgetting

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, sadly I can't help subjects wise as I do arts courses. I've heard psychology can be a bit manic, people always seem to have something due in. I'd try to manage your time as much as possible, but do get some breaks in there. Your brain isn't going to be much use if it's knackered

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys for all your support! I really appreciate it. I'm just going through a really weird time atm x
    Anytime !
    And we all do. You'll get through it okay ? :hugs:, though it just may seem really really crap right now it'll come to pass x

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not alone

ReputationRep:
    Nice, I'm doing maths, economics, chemistry and an EPQ. You're welcome!x

(Original post by sunshine774)
    Nice, I'm doing maths, economics, chemistry and an EPQ. You're welcome!x
    I'm doing EPQ too, forgot to mention that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.