Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessed to him but he wants me more??! Watch

So I confessed my feelings to this guy. I think he was surprised/happy. So since then he's been trying to figure out what I want from him. It seems like he's very keen to have sex but because he respects me and cares about me he's willing to date if that's what I want to do first. (He normally doesn't date girls/get into a relationship with them.) But I myself am not sure what I want? I'm not 100% if I want a relationship or just sex because I feel very lustful towards him if I'm honest. So I've told him I'm confused but he keeps asking/seeing whether I know what I want yet. It feels like he's the one that likes me eventhough I confessed to him saying I like him. How can I tell him to relax? I feel overwhelmed by his response. I didn't think he even found me attractive and here he is willing to date me when he normally just has casual sex. I suddenly feel too pressured to make a decision. Someone please help I thought I was gonna get rejected...

(Sorry about no paragraphs, I'm on my phone.)

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Probably would have been a good idea to have known what you wanted when you confessed to him. Clearly you want *something* I don't think it's too difficult to know what. Why not say you want to go on a date? You don't need to call it a date if you dont want to, just meet up and see where it leads naturally.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you weren't prepared for a positive response. Tell him you need time to think?

(Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Probably would have been a good idea to have known what you wanted when you confessed to him. Clearly you want *something* I don't think it's too difficult to know what. Why not say you want to go on a date? You don't need to call it a date if you dont want to, just meet up and see where it leads naturally.
    Yeah I realise that now. I've been so stupid. I just found him attractive and couldn't stop thinking about him so I decided to just tell him I liked him. Beyond that I don't know what to do... I guess it's because I'm quite inexperienced and I've never told a guy I liked him before. I usually just wait for the guy to make a move. I'm too scared to even message him so I just feel like crying now. Feeling like I've been idiotic not thinking things through
    (Original post by gabriellakhan)
    It seems like you weren't prepared for a positive response. Tell him you need time to think?
    I have told him that and he said it's fine but I know he wants a response soon

You shouldn't really have confessed without knowing what you want

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You shouldn't really have confessed without knowing what you want
    I understand that but I'm lost now...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I realise that now. I've been so stupid. I just found him attractive and couldn't stop thinking about him so I decided to just tell him I liked him. Beyond that I don't know what to do... I guess it's because I'm quite inexperienced and I've never told a guy I liked him before. I usually just wait for the guy to make a move. I'm too scared to even message him so I just feel like crying now. Feeling like I've been idiotic not thinking things through

Try and think it through tonight and let him know tomorrow, it shouldn't take that long
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

No need to cry it's okay :console: You like him, he likes you, you're in a good situation

Try think about it over night and if you can't decide play it safe and arrange a casual day out
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I feel like maybe you're over thinking this? And it's hard not to when you're in one of these situations, but you both like each other, just spend time together, see where it goes and don't complicate it with a need for a label or a step by step instruction booklet on what you're going to do.

~Good luck

(Original post by gabriellakhan)
    Try and think it through tonight and let him know tomorrow, it shouldn't take that long
    Thanks I will do

You should be happy instead of complaining and being upset. Imagine you got rejected

ReputationRep:
    you don't have to decide on anything now. just go on a few dates until things fall into place naturally and you reach a decision naturally. you'll work it out eventually. no need to put any time pressure on it though

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.