Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1101 – Incest Decriminalisation Bill 2017 Watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)
    I find it funny that all the people speaking out are members of the Labour Party, that supposedly progressive force of social justice that doesn't like the idea of two consenting adults in love having sex and thinks it should be illegal because they happen to be related.

This just illustrates how illogical and hypocritical the left are.

With the exception of DMcGovern, who's superior intellect has allowed him to get over the default knee jerk that the rest of you have defaulted to, bravo Des!
    I don't think it proper that you insult my intellect. In future, please do act with decorum. Just because I do not support your view does not give you any right to suggest that I am any less intelligent.

Sex between consenting adults is fine. Where there is a blood relation it wrong because scientifically inbreeding leads (in many cases) to disability.

Please consider your attitude in future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanE1998)
    I don't think it proper that you insult my intellect. In future, please do act with decorum. Just because I do not support your view does not give you any right to suggest that I am any less intelligent.

Sex between consenting adults is fine. Where there is a blood relation it wrong because scientifically inbreeding leads (in many cases) to disability.

lol people always use that as an excuse. Just admit you are a hypocrite and you don't want two consenting adults from the same family getting together because you find it disgusting. I find incest disgusting as well but I have no right to force that view onto two consenting adults who are harming nobody. You certainly can't complain about homophobes but you will because you're a hypocrite.

So what if two gays from the same family decided to get together? Would that be ok since there is no chance of a baby being born?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    True, but I don't think we made it clear that it was a progressive attempt at helping paedophiles.

No, no it didn't.

And then UKIP called us child molesters in the GE.
    And people were disgusted and wanted the mhoc closed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanE1998)

It was more praising Des' intelligence and calling you a hypocrite - you just presumed it was a personal attack because you are subconsciously realising that you are wrong and have made a stupid decision. I assume you are also opposed to people with Down's Syndrome having sex then, as that is much more likely to be inherited? Just admit you're an authoritarian looney that wants to force his own personal views on social issues onto everyone else; you lot are just as bad as homophobes and pro-life religious fruitcakes.

ReputationRep:
    So what if two gays from the same family decided to get together? Would that be ok since there is no chance of a baby being born?
    Really good point
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Nay, incest is something that decreases variations in the gene pool, thus making it more likely for people to be born with various genetic disorders and illnesses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Nay, incest is something that decreases variations in the gene pool, thus making it more likely for people to be born with various genetic disorders and illnesses
    This has been said several times and isn't really a logical reason to be against it since healthy couples with an increased likelihood of producing a child with a disability aren't banned from procreating. Not to mention that not all incestuous couples will have biological children. Would you be okay with it if they adopted? Or like someone else said, if they were gay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    This has been said several times and isn't really a logical reason to be against it since healthy couples with an increased likelihood of producing a child with a disability aren't banned from procreating. Not to mention that not all incestuous couples will have biological children. Would you be okay with it if they adopted? Or like someone else said, if they were gay?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Yes
    So then you're not actually opposed to incest, you're opposed to the procreation of disabled children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    So then you're not actually opposed to incest, you're opposed to the procreation of disabled children?
    Abstain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Abstain
    Gotcha
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lpodty)
    lol people always use that as an excuse. Just admit you are a hypocrite and you don't want two consenting adults from the same family getting together because you find it disgusting. I find incest disgusting as well but I have no right to force that view onto two consenting adults who are harming nobody. You certainly can't complain about homophobes but you will because you're a hypocrite.

Fancy joining the Libertarian Party I am starting? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Not only is it messed up socially, inbreeding carries a biological risk of reducing the size of the gene pool and increasing the predisposition of genetic disorders.

ReputationRep:
    Also, comparing disgust with incest to disgust with homosexuality is not really accurate. Being gay isn't a choice whereas incest clearly is.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Also, comparing disgust with incest to disgust with homosexuality is not really accurate. Being gay isn't a choice whereas incest clearly is.
    Why are sure that one sexual predilection is natural, but another "clearly" cannot be. I assume you can show me the psychological studies that support this position? If so, I will address that for the vote.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    If I want to send this to a second reading, or to vote, can I do that myself or would you want me to have Joe do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Percypig17)
    Oink oink. I hope you're not a Capitalist Pig but one of those soft fruit-flavoured gummy sweets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Oink oink. I hope you're not a Capitalist Pig but one of those soft fruit-flavoured gummy sweets.
    well ok then?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    If I want to send this to a second reading, or to vote, can I do that myself or would you want me to have Joe do it?
    I've received something from Joe, so I presume that is what you want to proceed with?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    I've received something from Joe, so I presume that is what you want to proceed with?
    Yes, that would be grand. Thanks.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.