Announcements
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    And there goes my confidence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JokesOnYoo)
    Sounds a bit like me. I would say they were fairly intelligent. Intelligent people tend to shy away from small talk. They talk about their passions and relevant things going on in the world. So you do look for intelligence in women. Little did you know.
    Interesting, I never thought about it that way but I guess that's true. And passion is something I'd group in with intelligence in terms of importance. Give me a tall intelligent guy with a passion any day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    How so? Being intelligent doesn't mean you lead an interesting life and you might be terrible at conversation. I don't see how you'd be safer in their company either?
    Intelligent people have weird hobbies. Not all, but alot of them do. Their mind is complex, you can learn alot from them. They are also funny. They work on projects that make changes to the world. I dont know about you, but i find that quite interesting.
    They might be terrible at conversation, but that doesn't take anything away from their interesting life. You'll be safer because they are more grounded, evaluate things from different perspectives before reaching a conclusion. You would get good advice and less chances of pointless out rages. They will listen to you and adapt accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    Money > everything else :cookie:
    atleast u speak the truth haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    All you girls putting money last aren't being honest
    Not really. The reasons why I put money towards the end is because:
    I'm not a gold digger
    I hate relying on people for stuff
    Money can't buy true love
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    lol the amount of times I've seen "money" on this thread is downright sad

ReputationRep:
    Well Stinkbox, your mum finds me interesting enough

Inb4 "Who? That's not me." - f*** off
    You are so predictable clown boy.

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence
    Personality
    Looks
    Height
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    lol the amount of times I've seen "money" on this thread is downright sad
    we were asked to rank them in order, everyone bar two people have put money at the bottom meaning it's not important...

ReputationRep:
    Intelligent people have weird hobbies. Not all, but alot of them do. Their mind is complex, you can learn alot from them. They are also funny. They work on projects that make changes to the world. I dont know about you, but i find that quite interesting.
    They might be terrible at conversation, but that doesn't take anything away from their interesting life. You'll be safer because they are more grounded, evaluate things from different perspectives before reaching a conclusion. You would get good advice and less chances of pointless out rages. They will listen to you and adapt accordingly.
    This is again assuming highly intelligent people also enjoy working on things or having interesting hobbies :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damzel)
    we were asked to rank them in order, everyone bar two people have put money at the bottom meaning it's not important...
    oh lol misread the OP, nevermind :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    atleast u speak the truth haha

:party:
    In jest , of course

ReputationRep:
    This is again assuming highly intelligent people also enjoy working on things or having interesting hobbies :lol:
    Well what else would they be studying a Physics or Mathematics or Engineering degree for?
    To work as a bin man and collect garbage?
    Or cashier at Tescos? These jobs can be automated, they understand that. Its also mundane.

ReputationRep:
    Well what else would they be studying a Physics or Mathematics or Engineering degree for?
    To work as a bin man and collect garbage?
    Or cashier at Tescos? These jobs can be automated, they understand that. Its also mundane.
    Again, assuming. Who's to say that every intelligent person is taking a degree? As I've said above, I know some very intelligent people who work in places like McDonald's and do nothing but play video games in their spare time. We can't assume that every intelligent person is also driven and career minded.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Good personality
    Intelligence
    Height
    Looks
    Money

Attraction arises from so much more than just those few things that you've listed. You can't really control who you fall for, even if you say that your type is 'intelligent' guys or 'tall' guys, it doesn't necessarily mean that you'll fall for someone intelligent or someone tall. For example, here are some of the types of guys I have liked -
    Guy 1 - Quite short, very intelligent, friendly guy, very quiet, I found him extremely cute but my friends insisted that he constantly looked high
    Guy 2 - Average height, average intelligence, not exactly physically good looking, friendly, always starts the convo and can't hold the convo
    Guy 3 - Very tall, absolute prick, really invested in comic books, has a superiority complex
    Guy 4 - Short, friendly, funny, average intelligence, can hold a convo
    There's quite a range there but I guess one thing that keeps cropping up is 'friendly'. What can I say? Nice guys really don't finish last. If you're nice and friendly, it's attractive. Also, intelligence comes in so many forms - some people are more academically intelligent while others are more intelligent when it comes to common sense and life in general. I'd say common sense matters a lot more than academics.

ReputationRep:
    Again, assuming. Who's to say that every intelligent person is taking a degree? As I've said above, I know some very intelligent people who work in places like McDonald's and do nothing but play video games in their spare time. We can't assume that every intelligent person is also driven and career minded.
    Ok throw a 1000 darts with a blindfold at a balloon 10metres away.
    Majority of them will miss, but the probability of 1 dart hitting the ballon would be high.
    This analogy relates to our situation of intelligent people. Intelligent people tend to need intellectual challenges. Therefore there is a high probability you will find them in these disciplines. A couples of darts will hit the ballon, assuming the ballon does not burst. These are the few intelligent people who arent in these intellectual stimulating disciplines.

Besides, how do you know they're intelligent?

ReputationRep:
    Good personality and intelligence (same thing)
    Good looks and height (same thing)
    Money

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    tfw dude gets a calculator out whenever he meets a girl
    LOOL, the calculating are done very quickly in my head anyway.

ReputationRep:
    None of the intelligent people I know are doing anything to "make changes to the world" why is your definition of intelligence wild af

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.