Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you answer a 9 mark question in Business studies (GCSE) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, a bit of a broad question this but I would be very happy with anyone that can help! I keep getting terrible scores when we have to answer 9 markers in class and I want to do something about it Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Ok here it goes.
    If in a question you have 2 options. E.g. two marketing strategies, you give an advantage of both in separate paragraphs. Then, you write an overall evaluation including: Your opinion on what strategy to choose, why you think this, What this depends on i.e. the factors affecting this, if it's beneficial in the long or short term, and whether this will help the company to achieve their business objective

If you only have one option, then you give an advantage and a disadvantage and then do an evaluation like before. (In these paragraphs, you should use SLI: State - the advantage/disadvantage, Link - Reference to the case study, Impact - Mention effects on the business. These paragraphs are 2 marks each and so you can work out that the evaluation is very important (5 marks)!!!

It is also good to start with an opening introduction sentence like "Both options are suitable for this business. An advantage for...."

Follow the above steps in detail and you are sorted. Good Luck!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.