Turn on thread page Beta

How do you answer a 9 mark question in Business studies (GCSE) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, a bit of a broad question this but I would be very happy with anyone that can help! I keep getting terrible scores when we have to answer 9 markers in class and I want to do something about it Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    Ok here it goes.
    If in a question you have 2 options. E.g. two marketing strategies, you give an advantage of both in separate paragraphs. Then, you write an overall evaluation including: Your opinion on what strategy to choose, why you think this, What this depends on i.e. the factors affecting this, if it's beneficial in the long or short term, and whether this will help the company to achieve their business objective

If you only have one option, then you give an advantage and a disadvantage and then do an evaluation like before. (In these paragraphs, you should use SLI: State - the advantage/disadvantage, Link - Reference to the case study, Impact - Mention effects on the business. These paragraphs are 2 marks each and so you can work out that the evaluation is very important (5 marks)!!!

It is also good to start with an opening introduction sentence like "Both options are suitable for this business. An advantage for...."

Follow the above steps in detail and you are sorted. Good Luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becksagogo)
    Hey guys, a bit of a broad question this but I would be very happy with anyone that can help! I keep getting terrible scores when we have to answer 9 markers in class and I want to do something about it Thank you !
    Well i've been using this structure and been getting 7s out of 9s so here you go (it's easy to use too).

I think person A should go for option A.......

The main advantage of choosing option A is that....

The reason why you should not do option B is because........

However the success of my recommendation depends on............ then Evaluation.

Make sure you use words such as: the impact of this is that.... to gain higher marks.

Also if you are a fast writer, you should put another advantage for choosing option A (the option you chose) To increase the chance of you getting higher marks. however it is not neccesary.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.