Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, a bit of a broad question this but I would be very happy with anyone that can help! I keep getting terrible scores when we have to answer 9 markers in class and I want to do something about it Thank you !

ReputationRep:
    To Answer 9 mark questions I usually use the SOL(Sequence of Logic - Point... This leads to... as a result of this.. ) 3 times and then add onto the points, for example a question like:

What are the benefits to having a website in your small business? [9Mark]

You could put, very simply,

'Having a website can benefit the business by meaning people further away from the location of the business can find it and what it does, this leads too more people finding your small business as a result of this you get more customers.' <- 3marks!!

To get 6 marks, just add another sequence of logic onto the end, for example (again):

What are the benefits to having a website in your small business? [9Mark]

'Having a website can benefit the business by meaning people further away from the location of the business can find it ad what it does, this leads too more people finding your small business as a result of this you get more customers [3] Another benefit is that you can sell goods online instead of the person having to come to the store, this leads too not only the business getting more customers but being known all round England or even better around the world! As a result of this your business will be more known and start bringing in profits [3]'

Itreally is that simple!

To get your nine marks just do a final SOL and you should be good to go! Obviously this might not be the case on all questions but it worked and got me a C on my year10 exam!

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.