Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do you maintain relationships in uni over the holidays? Watch

I was wondering how people maintain relationships they made in uni during the holidays, particularly in the long summer ones. Granted I know you can skype and message pretty easily but surely the same can be said for relationships from sixth form, which generally don't last in uni. How do all of you in long term relationships cope with being apart for so long, particularly if you live in different parts of the country? Do uni relationships usually last the summer holidays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was wondering how people maintain relationships they made in uni during the holidays, particularly in the long summer ones. Granted I know you can skype and message pretty easily but surely the same can be said for relationships from sixth form, which generally don't last in uni. How do all of you in long term relationships cope with being apart for so long, particularly if you live in different parts of the country? Do uni relationships usually last the summer holidays?
    yep! of course they do- obvisouly both sides have to put in as much effort as eacthotehr- but they do!:yep:

texting/skype/phone calls- they're so many ways to get around it- if you're both willing to make the effort :yep:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Snapchat works wonders - it keeps alive relationships that should have been dead 826289273827328 years ago tbh; it is a miracle worker, a life support machine.

- you can update your uni friends on your exciting life, people are nosy so they want to know
    - you can complain about missing uni
    - you can take pictures of your 'real' life and share for extra bonding :proud:

ReputationRep:
    I know that ultimately it will be worth it and that we won't be apart forever so while the situation isn't ideal right now (my girlfriend isn't at uni with me but still long distance) I love her and am willing to put in the effort with her

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.