Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am applying for radiotherapy in 2017 but already have a HNC for completing one year of university (started university in 2002). I received student loan funding for more than one year, but according to the new rules, can i receive a maintenance loan for all three years of radiotherapy? I have read the document and understand I can receive tuition for all three years but I am struggling to find anybody at the student loans company who can confirm the maintenance loan info. Obviously it's a concern as to whether i can still afford to go to university, despite the new rules helping those doing second degrees.

Thanks,
    Nicola
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi niclewis10

If your course was usually funded by the NHS then you will be able to apply for all your funding from us from Sept 2017.
    This will include the tuition fees and maintenance loan.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Pamela,

Yes my course is an allied health course and used to receive the NHS bursary. That's great news, thanks so much for getting back to me.

Cheers,
    Nicola

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.