Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropped out of my Foundation Degree, scared to tell anyone Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

After having problems with failing to hand in work to my tutors for my course (Foundation Science Degree in International Travel and Tourism Management), I emailed my tutor and told her I wouldn't be coming back for the rest of my course, it's the end of the first semester and I had failed two modules and didn't sit an exam I was supposed to do, I decided to leave as I couldn't hand in the work anyway as it was too late, it was supposed to be done 3 months ago, didn't get around to doing it, didn't understand the work and after asking the tutor multiple times, I still didn't understand the work and because of problems with getting my DSA so late in the year, it means I never had any support throughout most of the first semester, my Learning Mentor didn't end up starting with me until December as the Learning Support team didn't book it until then and by then it was far too late to submit my work, I don't know what to say to my mum and grandmother, I know they're going to be so mad and angry with me, but I just couldn't continue with the course. What are my next steps regarding finance?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You ll have to set up a payment plan with sfe to give what you overpaid back, you ll have to tell them eventually best to do it asap

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.