Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Could someone give me tips of things which I could add to my portfolio to booSt it, and can you skip doing the foundation year
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soph1453632)
    Could someone give me tips of things which I could add to my portfolio to booSt it, and can you skip doing the foundation year
    Have you looked through the stickied thread on producing a portfolio (and all of the links within it?)

No university insists on a foundation diploma for entry - but if you apply straight after A levels you'll be competing for places against applicants who have taken a foundation diploma. They'll therefore have had an extra year to work on their portfolio and develop their style. It's still worth applying before taking a foundation diploma - but be prepared to maybe receive some rejections recommending you take a foundation diploma. Generally these don't mean that you're not good enough just that you're not quite ready yet (A levels have always been quite poor preparation for art degrees unfortunately).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.