Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am currently doing the postgraduate diploma in psychology with University of Derby. They have recently lost their BPS accreditation for new entrants. However as I had begun the course before this is will be unaffected. I am currently unsure whether to carry on studying with Derby University and risk that they do not receive reaccreditation(they are applying in April 2017). This would be the less expensive and quickest route for me or alternatively transfer to the Open University to complete a BSc in Psychology which would be more costly and would take longer. I can transfer 60 credits to this course but I would still have 300 to do.

Any advice or insight into what I should do?
    Online courses are my only option at the moment.

Regards,
    Rclar

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rclar. I do not understand why you would need to study BSc which is at undergraduate level (i am confused, are def. studying PG dip? Or is some conversion course?). Normally people who study Postgraduate diploma already have a degree. So after achieving PG dip 120 credits normally would go on to study another 60 credits at level 7 to make 180 credits required for Masters MSc. From what you have said your PG dip is accredited as you had already started before Derby lost its accreditation. If you meant to go on to do MSc then I would think you can complete the PG dip and transfer 120 credits to another uni that is accredited for online (ring other uni's to find out). Or have misunderstood something?
    best wishes
    Jon

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.