Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone got a revision timetable for AQA maths resists? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a downloadable pdf or something with a timetable of revision for aqa C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie16)
    Does anyone have a downloadable pdf or something with a timetable of revision for aqa C1 C2 C3 C4 M1 S1?
    Would suggest making your own... to suit our own needs and other things you need to do in life, how often you need breaks etc.

Are you at school for this? Is that something that needs to be factored in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Would suggest making your own... to suit our own needs and other things you need to do in life, how often you need breaks etc.

Are you at school for this? Is that something that need s to be factored in?
    Hi yes I'm currently in college/sixth for, I ask mainly for a rough idea of how others are managing to balance revision everyday for their current studies (mine being physics maths and geography) and revision for resists to make sure I don't fall behind and forget everything
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannie16)
    Hi yes I'm currently in college/sixth for, I ask mainly for a rough idea of how others are managing to balance revision everyday for their current studies (mine being physics maths and geography) and revision for resists to make sure I don't fall behind and forget everything
    Ah I see, in that case I don't have a particular timetable to share but...

In Year 13 I studied A2 Maths/Physics/Chemistry and AS/A2 Further Maths plus one AS Maths resit, which meant that I was in 6th for 18 hours a week and had the rest of the time at home, though to be honest I never did any work at home between 9 to 3pm, just used free periods to relax/sleep etc.

Then I guess weekdays would be spend doing 1-2 hours of work and on the weekends maybe 4-5 in total.

This was all with the intention of finishing one module per month for further Maths and to keep on top of other studies, so actually in January I was studying for January mocks and keeping afloat for other subjects and not learning the maths modules I was supposed to.

Then, still balancing work, learning C4 at school, I self taught 3 modules at home, again at 1 a month and finished by April, leaving plenty of time to revise.

Oh, and when I say one module a month, this means going through the whole content and a decent number of questions in the textbook (I completed every textbook question for most unit but this was overkill) and really doing it justice.

As you have 6 modules, it would make sense (and be slightly easier for you for a few reasons) to aim to do 2 a month, but this will be with 2 other subjects and with prior knowledge of some of those units (plus half of January as wel) so I think you can do it, you just need to start studying, keep track of how long everything takes you and make a timetable out of that. Would suggest maybe doing C1 then C2 then S1 then C3 then M1 then C4.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Ah I see, in that case I don't have a particular timetable to share but...

In Year 13 I studied A2 Maths/Physics/Chemistry and AS/A2 Further Maths plus one AS Maths resit, which meant that I was in 6th for 18 hours a week and had the rest of the time at home, though to be honest I never did any work at home between 9 to 3pm, just used free periods to relax/sleep etc.

Then I guess weekdays would be spend doing 1-2 hours of work and on the weekends maybe 4-5 in total.

This was all with the intention of finishing one module per month for further Maths and to keep on top of other studies, so actually in January I was studying for January mocks and keeping afloat for other subjects and not learning the maths modules I was supposed to.

Then, still balancing work, learning C4 at school, I self taught 3 modules at home, again at 1 a month and finished by April, leaving plenty of time to revise.

Oh, and when I say one module a month, this means going through the whole content and a decent number of questions in the textbook (I completed every textbook question for most unit but this was overkill) and really doing it justice.

As you have 6 modules, it would make sense (and be slightly easier for you for a few reasons) to aim to do 2 a month, but this will be with 2 other subjects and with prior knowledge of some of those units (plus half of January as wel) so I think you can do it, you just need to start studying, keep track of how long everything takes you and make a timetable out of that. Would suggest maybe doing C1 then C2 then S1 then C3 then M1 then C4.

Good luck!
    Wow thanks for the advice that sounds great! I haven't thought of that idea before - as in doing a module per month but definitely will try it. I have a huge aqa textbook with loads of excerises to do for each module but I wanted to try and revise all of them within the same month but with balance of course, I just east tk make sure that I don't end up leaving a module because I didn't get enough time to finish it doing them month by month.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.