Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm sick of where I live - well it's a really nice modern flat but my two housemates just don't understand how to keep it clean it seems. The bathroom is always filthy - I woke up early the other day and cleaned it for a good hour but then when I got back from uni it was the same as it was before!

The kitchen is also ridiculously filthy, and it's got to the point where I've just stopped cooking altogether so I have one sandwich and then cereal every day which I know is not healthy. The fridge is dirty and the temperature constantly goes up to 5c by itself, so it's pointless even storing anything in it.

For these reasons I don't really do weekly shops - when I would cook last semester I'd just shop daily as food ends up going off really quick in a 5c fridge! but this was expensive & inconvenient.

I'm contemplating buying my own mini fridge and a few pots & pans that I can store in my room (things aren't washed properly). This would add up to roughly £130. I will be here for another 5 months so I'm just trying to assess whether it is worth it.

What do you guys think?

bump

Bump

??

ReputationRep:
    Move out & live in Halls.

Then you don't have deal with flat mates filthy habits.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.