Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am confused. UK's immigration laws don't seem welcoming, especially for Indians but it does provide overall better quality of education. While on the flip side Canada is more welcoming, but I don't know whether it can be compared to the UK.

I am very much interested in UBC but also U of Sheffield, U of Nottingham and U of Manchester.

Apart from Education I also want a Uni that does place emphasis on social life and extra-curriculars(Sports).

Can anyone give me suggestions, I am starting my A2 and will be sending my applications after a couple of months.

P.S - I am from India

ReputationRep:
    Canada is slightly easier to migrate to but whether that's noticeable is another matter, you'd still realistically need to be masters qualified or have a few years of experience at a minimum before getting sponsored.

All the universities you've mentioned but a fairly strong emphasis on social life and extra-curriculars.

I'd say look at the cost and where you could see yourself living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Canada is slightly easier to migrate to but whether that's noticeable is another matter, you'd still realistically need to be masters qualified or have a few years of experience at a minimum before getting sponsored.

All the universities you've mentioned but a fairly strong emphasis on social life and extra-curriculars.

I'd say look at the cost and where you could see yourself living.
    I am planning to do one year in industry while on course to gain some experience. Also how many years does Masters take in UBC roughly(the website is confusing everything seem's spread out), in UK Unis it will take 4 years roughly and an additional year if I opt for the industry option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnorthodoxMMA)
    I am planning to do one year in industry while on course to gain some experience. Also how many years does Masters take in UBC roughly(the website is confusing everything seem's spread out), in UK Unis it will take 4 years roughly and an additional year if I opt for the industry option.
    Masters outside of the UK take 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloworld_95)
    Masters outside of the UK take 2 years.
    Cost is really not an issue for me, I just want overall better quality. Are UK courses better than the ones in Canada?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnorthodoxMMA)
    Cost is really not an issue for me, I just want overall better quality. Are UK courses better than the ones in Canada?
    They're pretty much the same quality.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.