The Student Room Group

Industrial Placement Johnson and Johnson 2017/18

Hello!

I am just wondering if anyone else is starting a placement at Johnson and Johnson down in Maidenhead this June?
Reply 1
Original post by Kash24411
Hello!

I am just wondering if anyone else is starting a placement at Johnson and Johnson down in Maidenhead this June?

I have an assessment centre for a position in Blackpool on Tuesday - any tips?! :P
Reply 2
Original post by jf1994
I have an assessment centre for a position in Blackpool on Tuesday - any tips?! :P

It's a pretty standard assessment centre day (case study, presentation and competency based interview). My advice for the interview is to know the company's Credo inside out as this is fairly important!
During the case study discussion (during mine it is was to pitch an allocated charity to try and raise investment) I would say it's quite important to voice your opinion in an assertive but not aggressive way.

The company does a great job of making you feel comfortable throughout the day so it's not very stressful but it is very tiring! Best of luck, I am sure you will do well.
Reply 3
It's a pretty standard assessment centre day (case study, presentation and competency based interview). My advice for the interview is to know the company's Credo inside out as this is fairly important!
During the case study discussion (during mine it is was to pitch an allocated charity to try and raise investment) I would say it's quite important to voice your opinion in an assertive but not aggressive way.

The company does a great job of making you feel comfortable throughout the day so it's not very stressful but it is very tiring! Best of luck, I am sure you will do well.

Thanks! About the presentation (we haven't been told anything yet): is this a presentation given to us, or one that we prepare and give to everyone else?

Also, did J&J only hire one of you out of however many were at the assessment centre?
Reply 4
Original post by jf1994
Thanks! About the presentation (we haven't been told anything yet): is this a presentation given to us, or one that we prepare and give to everyone else?

Also, did J&J only hire one of you out of however many were at the assessment centre?

I was given information beforehand to prepare for the interview. As I applied for the finance department it was based on evaluating a profit and loss statement and which area of the business to invest a marketing campaign in.

In total there was four of us and only one position available though the company was holding assessment centres all week. I didn't get that specific office but was referred to another office for a final interview. I really appreciated the company for doing this as it shows that J&J do see potential in candidates and acknowledge the tough competition amongst us.
How much notice did JnJ give you for your assessment centre
I was given information beforehand to prepare for the interview. As I applied for the finance department it was based on evaluating a profit and loss statement and which area of the business to invest a marketing campaign in.

In total there was four of us and only one position available though the company was holding assessment centres all week. I didn't get that specific office but was referred to another office for a final interview. I really appreciated the company for doing this as it shows that J&J do see potential in candidates and acknowledge the tough competition amongst us.

How much notice did you get before your assessment centre
Original post by jf1994

how much notice did you get before your assessment centre?
Reply 8
Original post by Katrinaaakb
How much notice did you get before your assessment centre

1 week before
Reply 9
how long did it take them to respond to your video interview?
Reply 10
1 week before

Thanks, how long did it take them to respond to your video interview?
Reply 11
Original post by katkb
Thanks, how long did it take them to respond to your video interview?

I can't remember exactly, but the whole process only lasted a few weeks.
Reply 12
I can't remember exactly, but the whole process only lasted a few weeks.

Oh okay, I did my interview last Wednesday and waiting to hear back. The assessment centre is next Thursday, do you know if they sent out rejection emails?
Reply 13
Original post by katkb
Oh okay, I did my interview last Wednesday and waiting to hear back. The assessment centre is next Thursday, do you know if they sent out rejection emails?

This is quite an old thread, I was in the process during 2016 :smile:

Sorry I can't be much help there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending