Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get into Cambridge for medicine Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in year 12 and got GCSEs 10 a*s and 4as. I'm thinking of applying to Cambridge rather ham oxford on the basis of my low proportion of a*s which I know that oxford look at (low for oxford standards!). What does Cambridge base entry on for medicine? Also I know that they look for high as results, Iv heard 98 ums, how is this even doable 😂 I do chemistry biology and maths so any ideas how I can get really high scores in each?

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got into cambridge to do medicine a few years ago with 5A*s at A Level and 3 Grade 8s in different instruments - he was crazy. Idk if thats like the level expected for everyone or not, but I would make sure you have an extra curricular to a very high standard/ long term volunteering and extremely high grades.

I'm in year 12 and want to do medicine too, but not at oxbridge because the expectations are crazy !! Plus you don't get to go into a hospital until your fourth year!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.