The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Maths Offer Holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by not lewis
i did a lot over summer between AS and A2, so I'm pretty confident in step i but ive barely done anything for step ii or iii, but i only prep by doing past papers. how about you?

Ahh good on you! I've literally only just started looking at it, but we've just finished the further maths course and it's only me in the class so I've got a fair bit of lesson time to get through it :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Ahh good on you! I've literally only just started looking at it, but we've just finished the further maths course and it's only me in the class so I've got a fair bit of lesson time to get through it :smile:

you've already finished the course! thats impressive. i still haven't started 3 modules at all. but yeah, the good thing about applying to warwick (or one of the good things) is that you only need step i so thats plenty of time to prep :smile:
you've already finished the course! thats impressive. i still haven't started 3 modules at all. but yeah, the good thing about applying to warwick (or one of the good things) is that you only need step i so thats plenty of time to prep :smile:

Really?! Well I've got half of FP3 left to do but that's an extra module I'm doing just for funzies, other than that I'm done haha & yeah, you can also do AEA and meet the offer and that's a lot easier! Or get 3 A*s which is probably the easiest way to meet the offer tbf hahaha
Really?! Well I've got half of FP3 left to do but that's an extra module I'm doing just for funzies, other than that I'm done haha & yeah, you can also do AEA and meet the offer and that's a lot easier! Or get 3 A*s which is probably the easiest way to meet the offer tbf hahaha

thats pretty good tbh. ive done all the modules except m4/5 (which are self study anyway) and fp2, but currently workin through m3 and fp3 in further maths. but yeah that makes sense, although warwick won't take my third a level which is a nuisance :/
thats pretty good tbh. ive done all the modules except m4/5 (which are self study anyway) and fp2, but currently workin through m3 and fp3 in further maths. but yeah that makes sense, although warwick won't take my third a level which is a nuisance :/

M4/5?! Jeez....
& why, what's your third A Level?
M4/5?! Jeez....
& why, what's your third A Level?

lol i know :colondollar: its additional further maths (which is why im doin all those modules)
lol i know :colondollar: its additional further maths (which is why im doin all those modules)

Wow okay haha. What's your offer then?
Wow okay haha. What's your offer then?

3A*s but excluding that one, so its basically pointless now but I'm still gonna go for a good grade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whats ur offer?
3A*s but excluding that one, so its basically pointless now but I'm still gonna go for a good grade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ whats ur offer?

Wow that's crazy :O what's your STEP offer?

& mine's A*A*A + a 2 in any STEP or distinction in AEA or 3 A*s (& no requirement on STEP or AEA)
Original post by Fortox
image.jpeg

But really, you're welcome here :smile:

Omg :lol: Though I was actually considering applying for Maths & Physics (until I realised how bad I was at physics...)

@Charonder are your entry requirements the same as for maths? :smile:

is it too late to say hi? :smile:

predicted a2s - 4 a*s (maths, further maths, additional further maths, and physics)
step/aea - step I-III and aea
offer holder day - the 22nd
why Warwick? - soooo many reasons but mainly the course and campus

Hi, of course it's not too late! :smile: Though I'm curious...why are you taking both aea and all three step papers? Not that it's a bad thing - in fact, I think it sounds great! (though I'd never be able to do it myself haha) :colondollar:
Wow that's crazy :O what's your STEP offer?

& mine's A*A*A + a 2 in any STEP or distinction in AEA or 3 A*s (& no requirement on STEP or AEA)

Im pretty sure my offers the same as that but I just forgot the extras tbh
Original post by Lauren-x-
Hi, of course it's not too late! :smile: Though I'm curious...why are you taking both aea and all three step papers? Not that it's a bad thing - in fact, I think it sounds great! (though I'd never be able to do it myself haha) :colondollar:

mainly just for fun which might sound a bit sad... but nothing ventured nothing gained! and if i decide I want to focus more on my actual subjects then it doesn't matter too much since the results I get in step/aea aren't too important :smile:

@Charonder are your entry requirements the same as for maths? :smile:

No it's a lot easier for Maths and Physics - my requirements are A*AA with the A* in maths and AA in further maths and physics. If you don't do further maths it's A*A*A I think. But no STEP or AEA required :wink:
Original post by Fortox
image.jpeg

But really, you're welcome here :smile:

Lmao I do love a good meme
Ahhh, fresh meat :P
Really though everyone gratz on the offers, time to meet them!
Oh and you're in for a ride when you meet foundations hahaha :smile:
If anyone has questions in general about warwick im more than happy to help, however i do not do straight maths and instead do compsci (im not quite alien enough to do straight maths)
I have done a few maths papers and safe to say they are very much different to a-level. Be prepared to be challenged!
Hopefully i will see most of you next year, GL!!
mainly just for fun which might sound a bit sad... but nothing ventured nothing gained! and if i decide I want to focus more on my actual subjects then it doesn't matter too much since the results I get in step/aea aren't too important :smile:

It doesn't sound sad at all! And fair enough, good luck with them all :smile:

Original post by Charonder
No it's a lot easier for Maths and Physics - my requirements are A*AA with the A* in maths and AA in further maths and physics. If you don't do further maths it's A*A*A I think. But no STEP or AEA required :wink:

Omg, I should've stuck with Maths and Physics :tongue: nah, I actually quite like STEP prep so far - frustrating at times, but interesting! I hope to see you at Warwick!! :smile:
It doesn't sound sad at all! And fair enough, good luck with them all :smile:

thank you very much! :smile:
Omg, I should've stuck with Maths and Physics :tongue: nah, I actually quite like STEP prep so far - frustrating at times, but interesting! I hope to see you at Warwick!! :smile:

I've had a look at a few STEP papers, they do look interesting but I reckon I'd mess the exam up so much :wink: Good luck with them!! And yeah hopefully!!
Original post by Charonder

Woah man no STEP or AEA?! You're so lucky haha
Woah man no STEP or AEA?! You're so lucky haha

The easy way in :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending