Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I only did step 1 and I think I did alright, 2 full questions, 1 virtually full, one just over half done, and then scraps from any other questions.
    Im not sure what a 2 would be as some years its like 45-55 but its come up to about 60 ish. tbh I thought it was one of the hardest theres been so hopefully it is low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Labracad)
    I only did step 1 and I think I did alright, 2 full questions, 1 virtually full, one just over half done, and then scraps from any other questions.
    Im not sure what a 2 would be as some years its like 45-55 but its come up to about 60 ish. tbh I thought it was one of the hardest theres been so hopefully it is low.
    Honestly, looking at the STEP 1 paper I thought it was one of the easiest ever set (and a fair few people seem to agree with this), however 2 full questions + 1 virtually full + 1 half done + scraps should 100% guarantee you a 2 so I wouldn't worry too much on that front! Best of luck with any exams you have left though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dididid)
    so, now that STEP 1 and 2 have been , how are you all feeling ? do you think youve met your STEP offer?
    STEP 1 went worse than I expected (2 full answers with mistakes, 1 75% complete answer, and 3 more where I'm guessing I got got 20% each, I had been doing a lot better on past papers) and STEP 2 went as expected (4 full answers, 1 half complete). Looks like I'm going to get 2,1. STEP 3 is also coming up but I literally have not done any preparation for it. Tbh I probably won't do any since my physics exams are also coming up and I've done very little revision for them either.

How did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortox)
    STEP 1 went worse than I expected (2 full answers with mistakes, 1 75% complete answer, and 3 more where I'm guessing I got got 20% each, I had been doing a lot better on past papers) and STEP 2 went as expected (4 full answers, 1 half complete). Looks like I'm going to get 2,1. STEP 3 is also coming up but I literally have not done any preparation for it. Tbh I probably won't do any since my physics exams are also coming up and I've done very little revision for them either.

How did you do?
    yep feel like i did better on STEP 2(3 full,2 good attempts,1 partial) than i did on STEP 1(3 full,2 halves) but still think i got 1,1 on both hopefully ,
    not doing STEP 3 though as i would've had to self teach a bunch of other modules to make it more accessible so didn't bother,.
    just hope that my A-levels don't fail me now haha,

ReputationRep:
    In more worried about physics... unfortunately i think ive got like A*A*B + Step Grade 2 and AEA Distinction, would i be still let in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician99)
    In more worried about physics... unfortunately i think ive got like A*A*B + Step Grade 2 and AEA Distinction, would i be still let in?
    Probably - although it depends on how many people miss their offers

ReputationRep:
    Where did everyone go for accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idndic293737)
    Where did everyone go for accomodation?
    My preference order was:

Westwood
    Whitefields
    Claycroft
    Tocil
    Redfern

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how we get our AEA results? Is it just printed on our exam results sheet?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how we get our AEA results? Is it just printed on our exam results sheet?
    I think so yes - I haven't been told otherwise

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm going to Warwick after all! I got A*A*A* in maths/fm/physics and 1, 1, 3 in STEP 1/2/3. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortox)
    Looks like I'm going to Warwick after all! I got A*A*A* in maths/fm/physics and 1, 1, 3 in STEP 1/2/3. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.
    Well done!!! So am I!! I got A*A*A* in maths, further and chemistry, a 1 in STEP I and a distinction in AEA, absolutely buzzing!!!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Well done!!! So am I!! I got A*A*A* in maths, further and chemistry, a 1 in STEP I and a distinction in AEA, absolutely buzzing!!!!
    Fortox Congratulations both of you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    I got exactly the same as you except with physics, can't wait now!

ReputationRep:
    I got exactly the same as you except with physics, can't wait now!
    Congrats!! Yeah I'm excited!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to confirm our place or anything like that now?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to confirm our place or anything like that now?
    You will have to confirm your accommodation and enrolment when they send the emails in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Got into Warwick as well, A*A*A and a Grade 1 in both STEP 1 and STEP 2!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician99)
    Got into Warwick as well, A*A*A and a Grade 1 in both STEP 1 and STEP 2!!
    That's amazing, well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone! The Warwick Maths Society have opened a maths freshers group on FB where you can just ask any questions about coming to Warwick and meet other offer holders!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1986362281582585/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.