Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am currently doing politics and not enjoying it as much as I thought, and personally believe History would be a better option for me as I wish to go to university in the US and potentially do a minor in history.

Would I be able to do a reformed History A-Level in one year (year 13)?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Danny Dorito)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Easily. Trust me you can do it easily even within 6 months.

(Original post by AgamerBWS)
      Easily. Trust me you can do it easily even within 6 months.
      which board were u with? what graded did you get? what topics did u study for AS and A2?

ReputationRep:
      So one of the guys said you could do it "easily" and "within 6 months". Personally, having done AQA AS History (reformed) last year I know for a fact it wasnt easy, there were tonnes of work to get through and exam technique is a tough skill to master too. I dropped it this year after getting an A but honestly I really didn't expect that grade. I also knew that the second years work was going to be huge with a massive peice of coursework to be submitted, new Y13 content and all the Y12 content to be examined in the summer and because I didn't enjoy it, I left it. Bottom line is, if you think you'll really like it and prepared to work super hard, then by all means go for it. But know that there's a hell of a lot of work to get through if you're doing AQA and probably for every other exam board too. Plus 2 years worth of work in 1 isn't easy in any subject, especially content heavy subjects like History.

Anyway, I really hope you do super well regardless of whether you take history or not

ReputationRep:
      Okay well, I'm currently in the process of doing an entire history A-level in one year and I'm doing it independently since I've already finished college. So, you can definitely do it all in one year, with my college you could do both at once if the timetable worked out so you could talk to your college and see if that's a possibility, or they might let you do one half in college and the other half outside of college but whats most important is that you have a specific teacher who is willing to help you with it. Obviously you can learn all the facts but you need someone who can mark essays and guide you with coursework, also it is a ton of work and if you're doing other A-levels at the same time you'll need to be quite organised and dedicated but it is possible

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.