Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't know what to do. I just feel like I cannot deal with who I am any more.
    I have vertually no socail skills
    I strugle to do anything to do with / around people; I always make myself apear different so people pick me out as some one they should wind up. This makes me intsley angry and I do really bad pritty much unforgivable things when I feel like this (acctually offten get angry with out a specific triggers).
    I am intensley aware of my body language and eye contact but really strugel to make it look normal although I can make normal eye contact with people of the same age.
    I just dont know what to do Is there any point finishing my GCSEs- how the hell can 'i do any job excepte from a manual labouring job that requires no soacial skills.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't know what to do. I just feel like I cannot deal with who I am any more.
    I have vertually no socail skills
    I strugle to do anything to do with / around people; I always make myself apear different so people pick me out as some one they should wind up. This makes me intsley angry and I do really bad pritty much unforgivable things when I feel like this (acctually offten get angry with out a specific triggers).
    I am intensley aware of my body language and eye contact but really strugel to make it look normal although I can make normal eye contact with people of the same age.
    I just dont know what to do Is there any point finishing my GCSEs- how the hell can 'i do any job excepte from a manual labouring job that requires no soacial skills.
    just what do I do??????

ReputationRep:
    Anon, usually the best solution is to look for places where you can talk to people. Preferably, places that you haven't been to.

just what do I do??????
    do I have any future

ReputationRep:
    do I have any future
    why you replying to yourself

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do have a future

I know it can be difficult because you said you have no social skills, but how about going to a local youth group in your community or school?

ReputationRep:
    Also try simple tips on building your confidence - you are perfectly capable of gaining social skills!

I can understand it may be difficult, but whenever you are walking around town try and make eye contact with strangers and smile....

Let me know about your journey.

Also, download this app called happify!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.