Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi and welcome to my grow your grades thread! 😊
    I made one of these towards the end of last year but never got wrong to posting on it (oops) so hopefully this one is more of a success.
    But first, who am I?
    I'm currently a year 12 student studying: Biology, Chemistry and Psychology. My target for all three is a B but, I'm aiming for A*AA
    For my GCSEs I achieved: 6 As 2Bs 1C and 2 Ds.
    Currently, no one in my family has been to university but, I hope to change that soon 😊
    Thanks for reading (if anyone has been) and here it goes!

ReputationRep:
    So I didn't really do anything this morning as I can never really revise properly in the morning but, so far this afternoon I've done: a chemistry pastpaper (only on what we've done so far so not entire paper) and got 87%; and I've done biology notes on: the human breathing system; the gas exchange surface of insects and gas exchanges surfaces in multi-cellular organisms Name:  IMG_0169.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  507.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    God I'm so bad at updating these oops. 😅
    Anyway since I last posted I got my mock results back and they weren't that good. I got a B in psychology, D in chemistry and an E in biology (3 marks off a D). The chemistry and biology are both bad but, they are an improvement. I need to get them both up to a C this next half term. Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemGeek16)
    God I'm so bad at updating these oops. 😅
    Anyway since I last posted I got my mock results back and they weren't that good. I got a B in psychology, D in chemistry and an E in biology (3 marks off a D). The chemistry and biology are both bad but, they are an improvement. I need to get them both up to a C this next half term. Any tips?
    I'm in year 13 doing psychology as well and I find that making my own flash cards and notes really helps, and then memorising them through acronyms. Also you could download the past papers to help you with smaller mark questions, because although you might know the content the mark schemes are really specific sometimes so you have to know what they look for. Make sure you practice writing your essays fast so that you have time in the exam too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amelienine)
    I'm in year 13 doing psychology as well and I find that making my own flash cards and notes really helps, and then memorising them through acronyms. Also you could download the past papers to help you with smaller mark questions, because although you might know the content the mark schemes are really specific sometimes so you have to know what they look for. Make sure you practice writing your essays fast so that you have time in the exam too.
    Thank you 😊 May I ask what your as grade was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemGeek16)
    Thank you 😊 May I ask what your as grade was?
    An A

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.