Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have looked on the internet but it only comes up with electrical engineering. can someone show me where to look for the information or which universities to look at?

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere good at EEE and particularly the Electronic side and the Control Systems subspeciality of Electronics will be good for robotics. That said at undergrad you tend to get a split between the AI side and the electromechanical side of robotics so if you're more interested in AI you'd be better off doing CompSci which if you go to the right uni covers the AI side (although equally there are a few masters which cover both).

But yeah, robotics is really a masters level topic so I'd say figure out whether you enjoy EEE or CompSci and go from there, if you still want to do robotics then do a masters in it.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arji1212)
    I have looked on the internet but it only comes up with electrical engineering. can someone show me where to look for the information or which universities to look at?
    It would probably be worth looking at mechanical engineering courses which have an optional mechatronics module(s).

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth, UWE and Lancashire offers Robotics.

Otherwise mechatronic courses are the way to go, I believe Southampton offer one.

The UCAS search is useful here.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.