Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a gay transgender guy and I'm going to uni soon. I know that dating and finding a boyfriend is going to be really difficult, but I'm starting to be concerned that it might be impossible? I pass really well, but there's still the issue of being a female biologically, and I feel that it's unfair to ask a gay guy to be into that. So does anyone have any experience of this? Or know any successful-or-otherwise trans dating stories at uni?

ReputationRep:
    I remember there was that Hollyoaks story one time, I can't remember what happened but might be a shout

Or grow a ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a gay transgender guy and I'm going to uni soon. I know that dating and finding a boyfriend is going to be really difficult, but I'm starting to be concerned that it might be impossible? I pass really well, but there's still the issue of being a female biologically, and I feel that it's unfair to ask a gay guy to be into that. So does anyone have any experience of this? Or know any successful-or-otherwise trans dating stories at uni?
    You will be surprised. If your uni has an LGBTQ association/society, join! I was very lucky with Birmingham because the LGBTQ association was very trans-inclusive so it was easy to be open with people. I personally was not that interested in dating, but my friend is AMAB nonbinary and had similar issues with dating. They're currently in a relationship with a pansexual guy who totally respects their gender, before that they dated a guy who had considered himself straight.

The thing to keep in mind is that it's not just gay guys who date guys. Bisexual guys and pansexual guys exist too. Besides which there are some gay guys who would feel comfortable dating transguys despite their female biology because they fall for them as a person (and not to be too crude, but there are plenty of toys to imitate a ****!)

If your LGBTQ association at uni isn't particularly good/inclusive, see if you can find any trans/LGBTQ youth groups in your area. One of my friends met his fiance at a trans youth group, at that time he passed most of the time, but still had female anatomy. In his case, his partner is also trans, so it wasn't an issue.

Be yourself, you will find someone! PM me if you want to talk.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.