Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how do i move out at 17? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I come from a strict muslim family, except my parents never made the effort to teach me the religion, they sent me to various **** mosques and its gotten to the point where its way too late for me to learn as im in the middle of my a levels. as well as that my dad is mentally abusive, constantly comparing me to my brothers and sisters because i didnt get a's and a*'s in my gcses, asking me whats wrong with me and saying hes embarrassed to tell his family about me and always blaming me because im such a burden on his pathetic life. my mum is treated like **** by my dad but still tells him every little detail about me, its like they bond over abusing me. I have a really weak social life, my parents never let me see my friends outside of college and even they're sick of me. i don't want to live in a house that doesn't feel like a home. I want to move out but the only way to rent a house is to be 18, and im too scared to go to the council or anyone because they'll investigate my parents which could actually make my situation worse as i have younger brothers and sisters who aren't treated like me, and it wont be fair on them if they ended up in care or anything because they've done nothing wrong. but also neither have I and i just cant live with my parents who give me no freedom.

ReputationRep:
    1. hostel
    2. put yourself on housing register

havent read your thread, too long to be bothered (sorry, im tired) but i gave u the quick answr

ReputationRep:
    i know someone in a similar situation, keep your head up and play the long game. get your a levels and that way even if you dont use them you keep your options open and can go uni down the line if you wanted to without doing an expensive foundation year or another year finishing of a levels. its easy to think of the short term but you have to think long term and lay the foundations, all great plans have stong foundations! Best to get it right first time round so you dont have to go back begging to them, then when you cut the cord you can do it without relying on them for anything and have a clean break. yoru situation is temporary so that is the way to think of it not permanent and soon you will be out of it you just have hang in there for now

ReputationRep:
    Step 1. Start Trapping
    Step 2. Once youve made enough money move out

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.