Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New sim new number need to create another sim with old number Watch

ReputationRep:
    Got a new sim with new number.

Took the old one out, misplaced it and now cant find it, think some people have text me on my old sim during when I took it out and put the new one in.. I wanted to leave a voicemail anyway on my old number to tell people this is my new number and that I have a new sim.

Is there any way I can order a new sim from the same company resquest to put the old number on the sim and will I get the messages that people left on my old number on the new sim that I will order?

Do you think I will or wont? should I phone the company and ask? If not, I just need to leave a voicemail anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I request a new sim from my phone company it comes with the same number automatically

ReputationRep:
    I got a new sim and switched the number from an orange to ee sim since I needed a nano sim and my micro couldn't be cut. Call your company and explain the situation since its the same company it should be fine. They'll ask for your old number and and few questions to verify that it's yours and then ask for the new number (temporary number) that they'll replace it on. It may take a few days until they start the process but when the number is switching it should only take an hour or 2.

You won't get any of your texts or anything though, nothing can be done about that as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pythonCOOLKID111)
    Whenever I request a new sim from my phone company it comes with the same number automatically
    (Original post by GoldenLotus)
    I got a new sim and switched the number from an orange to ee sim since I needed a nano sim and my micro couldn't be cut. Call your company and explain the situation since its the same company it should be fine. They'll ask for your old number and and few questions to verify that it's yours and then ask for the new number (temporary number) that they'll replace it on. It may take a few days until they start the process but when the number is switching it should only take an hour or 2.

You won't get any of your texts or anything though, nothing can be done about that as far as I'm aware.
    Hiya, well I'm still pretty bummed that I lost my old sim but I phoned my old number from my new number and it just says this number is not available and cuts the call dead. Also, the old sim was used in the same mobile which the new sim is being used in. So I'm wondering would the text messages that were sent to my old sim after I swapped the sims come back on the old sim since I'm still using the same mobile for the new sim??? I just really wanted a voicemail, just to say this is my new number. Anyways, I just hope I haven't missed no-one important😔.

I had to give the mobile phone company all my details when I was setting up my new sim so maybe they passed all my detials on the old sim to the new one?

ReputationRep:
    H
    (Original post by elmosandy)
    Hiya, well I'm still pretty bummed that I lost my old sim but I phoned my old number from my new number and it just says this number is not available and cuts the call dead. Also, the old sim was used in the same mobile which the new sim is being used in. So I'm wondering would the text messages that were sent to my old sim after I swapped the sims come back on the old sim since I'm still using the same mobile for the new sim??? I just really wanted a voicemail, just to say this is my new number. Anyways, I just hope I haven't missed no-one important😔.

I had to give the mobile phone company all my details when I was setting up my new sim so maybe they passed all my detials on the old sim to the new one?
    Probs best to contact your phone company so they can send you another sim but with your old number

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.