millymolly123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, has anyone got any tips for getting a high grade on this coursework or if anyone has gotten a high grade in the past would it be possible for me to read it? For reference, I'm doing how humanity is represented in George Orwell's 1984 and Phillip ****'s Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.
Thanks!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Danny Dorito)
x
BrainyBengali
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sooo behind in mine! :cry2:

But in terms of a good mark:

- Include contextual factors, and the effect it has on readers/plot/etc. at the time of 'production' (time of publication, that type of society) and 'reception' (you) and the differences between them due to changes in attitudes, morals, norms etc.
- Start it off with the answer to your question: introduce your essay with what you think, then go on to explain + give evidence.
- Have 3 key arguments to your essay, comparing (looking at similarities) and a few contrasting (differences) points - but it makes it easier if your title is 'compare/explore use of X' rather than 'compare & contrast' so that you don't have to do both similarities and differences equally.
- Strong bibliography: whenever you read an article, criticism or review of your books (or even when researching context/ society at that time), first thing to do is jot down the URL or look here for books: [Page 26 onwards]

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...-final-v.2.pdf]

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ature-spec.pdf
[Page 20 onwards is the exam boards specification on coursework.]

Hope you get the grade you want
millymolly123
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot I appreciate it I feel like I've got all the AOs, its just maybe not articulated very well. And perhaps if you want it might be beneficial to peer assess each others . Thanks again.
msemera
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When is this coursework due? when is the final date?
millymolly123
Rep:
?
By the end of this term so early April.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.51%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.49%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.86%
I need help with my personal statement (77)
41.62%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
23.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.62%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
8.11%

Watched Threads