The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Wait, I havent got that email yet. Should I go into panic mode or will I be getting it soon?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
yes...panic! call them up! :biggrin: some people have been able to register already...i still havent received that second email...should i go into panic mode?
Reply 22
I received the password email last night at 2:46 AM!!! How weird is that?
Reply 23
ok...so why did i not receive anything? ...they're soooo slooow with everything. seriously, i thought they were supposed to be this high-tech college and all, but every administrative thing takes them ages when compared to other unis, even the crappy ones...dont take me wrong, i still love the uni, i just wish theyd get themeselves sorted and make us stop waiting all the time...
lol, other unis seem to have gotten themselves 'sorted' cos they're starting in a few weeks.

IC doesnt start till october... I'm sure you can see why this allows them to work 'slower'....
Reply 25
Hm... Still I can't login to my Imperial email account and I have not received this particular email... Panic mode is switched on when it is your fault that something does not work... In this case, it obviously isn't :biggrin:
I got the second email today with the password. I scanned in a passport photo and just filled in the details they asked for and it's pretty quick.

I am now patiently waiting for the freshers pack thing :evil:
hey, i just realised... since y'all get to scan in your own fotos, you get to choose how decent a mugshot gets stamped unto your ID for life!

... i'm so jealous! ...i wonder if i can make them 'lose' my freshers foto... hmmmmm
Reply 28
I registered a couple of days ago, does anyone know when, or dare I say if, they send you out a reading list before the start of term?

Horrorshow
I scanned in a password photo

Impressive.
... Its up to your dept and not the uni to send out a reading list.. so how long it will take, if at all, will vary from dept to dept.
Reply 30
im in EEE i got asked to read pages about complex numbers =D
JamesD89
Impressive.

My Bad :biggrin:

JamesD89
I registered a couple of days ago, does anyone know when, or dare I say if, they send you out a reading list before the start of term?

I got a reading list a few weeks after my last exam.
Reply 32
Horrorshow
I got a reading list a few weeks after my last exam.

Before you met your offer?
JamesD89
Before you met your offer?

Well yeah, but I think it was because the head of department had been asked by loads of people (not me!) so they gave it out. There's no way I'm reading all the books, but yeah.
Reply 34
I'll just wait and see then, any other departments sent out lists yet?
Reply 35
LoZEr
im in EEE i got asked to read pages about complex numbers =D

Yes and there were even two of them to read about complex numbers. Seriously: Do we really have to buy these books now? Or is it ok to buy them after arrival in some bookstore and read it then? Those books would otherwise completely take my 20 kg weight allowance... :mad:
Reply 36
silverfox
Yes and there were even two of them to read about complex numbers. Seriously: Do we really have to buy these books now? Or is it ok to buy them after arrival in some bookstore and read it then? Those books would otherwise completely take my 20 kg weight allowance... :mad:

mm, limited weight allowance sucks... I will try to buy as much as possible from UK rather then here. And definately the books, as I expect the teachers and lecturers to clarify which books are good and which arent worth buying.
Reply 37
the bioeng department just sent a "list". it only asks us to read (or at least go through) an A level Biology textbook. it also gives us a link to a page from the maths dept website which contains "maths for engineers" courses or something like that. were supposed to go through them before the course starts.
Reply 38
thats what it says:

"Many students have initial difficulties with Mathematics when they come to university. The Metric Project of the Mathematics Department of Imperial College has prepared material to assist you in preparing for your course of study here. This material is available online by going to the following webpage: http://metric.ma.ic.ac.uk/ and navigating to the ‘METRIC Maths Pre-requisite page’ and then onto the ‘Engineering Prerequisites’. If you work through the problems in a relaxed way in your own time you will find yourself well-prepared for the first year of an engineering course. If you are interested in additional topics, including some first-year material, click on the "View All Topics" button. Do not be discouraged if you cannot manage some of the more advanced topics on your own. You will find plenty of assistance waiting for you on arrival. But do take some time to ensure that you arrive well prepared with the basics."

i cant find that ‘METRIC Maths Pre-requisite page’ though. anyone can see it? it runs on Java though so i guess youll need to install JRE before it works. (wont be necessary of you use Azureus :wink:)
Reply 39
I recived my password for the registration site, I can login but then it says registration: Pending. That means I have to wait and cant do anything yet, right?

Latest

Trending

Trending