Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We've been given Solomon papers to do for homework and there's a question I'm stuck on, I can't find anything on it in the book and to me it just makes no sense. Name:  capture.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  22.8 KB
    Here's a picture of the question, 7 d is what I'm stuck on, I've done the rest of the question easily.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by nandocalrissian)
    We've been given Solomon papers to do for homework and there's a question I'm stuck on, I can't find anything on it in the book and to me it just makes no sense. Name:  capture.PNG
    Here's a picture of the question, 7 d is what I'm stuck on, I've done the rest of the question easily.
    Can you see any connection between part (d) and the previous parts? Perhaps you could make a substitution for \sin \theta ?

ReputationRep:
    I nearly puked:puke:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nandocalrissian)
    Do you notice any similarities between the equation in part d) and the initial one?
    Try letting  x = sin\theta

ReputationRep:
    Do you see a link between the original function and the one given in part d?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    I nearly puked:puke:
    Not as bad as it looks

ReputationRep:
    So do I have to just find the values of x which I got in the last question between 0 and 2 pi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajtsracc)
    Sinθ = the values of x you found in parts (b)/(c).

Find the values of θ.

If you've gone over C2 trigonometry this should be okay for you.
    I found the values of θ with Sin^-1 but I don't have a clue where to go from there or how to get it in the values of pi

ReputationRep:
    Values of pi? The intervals just mean your values need to be in radians and not in degrees (make sure your calculator is set to radians).

You also need to use your values of θ to find the secondary values.
    How do I put my calculator into radians? I've not learned anything about radians yet

ReputationRep:
    It's probably best to fully learn the topic before attempting this question.

Not sure what calculator you have but try shift > mode/setup > 4
    I have learned the topic, this is a chapter 1 question from C2, I've finished all of C2 chapter 1 and done all of the questions in the book. I don't remember seeing anything to do with pi in there.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly does "C2 chapter 1" cover? Because the pi stuff should have definitely been covered in trigonometry.
    C2 Chapter 1 is Algebra and functions, I haven't done any trigonometry just chapter 1, my teacher told us to do the questions specifically from chapter 1 so it wouldn't make any sense to do a question from another chapter.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.