Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did business studies at AS along side double health and social care ( which is equivalent to 2 A levels). But I failed my business studies exam so therefore I wasn't able to carry on with it at A2. So instead I am doing applied business as. I have a conditional offer at Middlesex to do foundation year in psychology. And I have also secured a firm choice. It mentions that I need a CE in 2 A levels.
    So I'm wondering if I would be able to drop out of doing my as applied business, and weather it would have a effect on my application

ReputationRep:
    No, it wont affect your application. As long as the offer doesnt specify an as grade.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    If its not specified in the offer then it should be ok
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fathimax)
    I did business studies at AS along side double health and social care ( which is equivalent to 2 A levels). But I failed my business studies exam so therefore I wasn't able to carry on with it at A2. So instead I am doing applied business as. I have a conditional offer at Middlesex to do foundation year in psychology. And I have also secured a firm choice. It mentions that I need a CE in 2 A levels.
    So I'm wondering if I would be able to drop out of doing my as applied business, and weather it would have a effect on my application
    You need to be really careful here. If your offer actually specifies you need CE in 2 A Levels then you can't achieve that anyway - you're not doing 2 A Levels. You need to check that you entered your qualifications correctly on your UCAS form, and then tell the uni that this offer does not relate to your actual qualifications.

If you do drop a subject then you need to let the unis know. They can change your offer if they wish, or could even withdraw it. But if you don't tell them then your UCAS application could be made void for fraud.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fathimax)
    Hello,

In general, you would need to achieve the required grades of DD or CE from two A-levels to be accepted. As long as you meets these entry requirements you should be fine regardless of which A-levels he decide to continue with.

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes and good luck,

Ludovica (Middlesex University Graduate and Rep)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.