The Student Room Group

Ladies. Do you find East Asian/Oriental men attractive?

Scroll to see replies

I tend to find people attractive, not races, personally
Original post by Ella-keturah
Yes. I fancy my dentist who is half Chinese.

They don't count.
I'm a oriental asian guy, and I have that feeling too
Even when you walk on the streets
You see almost no asian guys with white girls
Reply 23
Original post by Trinculo
They don't count.

If a white girl is single and an east asian guy asks her out in a socially acceptable environment [preferably social circle or extended social circle] then statistically he has around a 13% chance of success.

I collected a few reliable studies over the years [studies on dating that actually observed what people DO ...rather than asking them], hence the conclusion reached.

tbh,13% ain't so bad. Blacks only have around 20% chance of success [1 in 5]. Latino men have the most ...but I can't remember off the top of my head.

stereotypically though Asian men typically don't hit on girls much, I think this is a key factor why you see so few of them in interracial relationships
Original post by ANM775
If a white girl is single and an east asian guy asks her out in a socially acceptable environment [preferably social circle or extended social circle] then statistically he has around a 13% chance of success.

I collected a few reliable studies over the years [studies on dating that actually observed what people DO ...rather than asking them], hence the conclusion reached.

tbh,13% ain't so bad. Blacks only have around 20% chance of success [1 in 5]. Latino men have the most ...but I can't remember off the top of my head.

stereotypically though Asian men typically don't hit on girls much, I think this is a key factor why you see so few of them in interracial relationships

I meant dentists.
Yes. I like faces from all races tbh
Original post by Anonymous
Generally no. I say this as an asian female. I don't even find east-asian celebs attractive, but that's just my preference. I also find K-pop boys highly unnattractive with their skinny bodies and makeup, they look so feminised. The only attractive "asian men" I have seen are those who are mixed/ part caucasian or models.

So whats your type?
Reply 27
Original post by BigMan Ting
So whats your type?

white man
Reply 28
Original post by ANM775
white man

I was answering this for her btw, that's not my type lol
Yes. I fancy my dentist who is half Chinese.

Does he look more white? Doesn't count if he does
Original post by ANM775
you should have asked them if they have ever dated an east asian/oriental man and you would get a more accurate answer.

The poll results right now are looking very divorced from reality.

East Asians make up 2% of the UK population so even if a girl does find us very attractive the the chance she has dated one is still very slim.

"Would you date an East Asian?" would be a better question I should have asked in hindsight
Original post by Divine Hedgehog
Does he look more white? Doesn't count if he does

He looks more Chinese... he is tall though.
Original post by Trinculo
I meant dentists.

Huh? I was just giving that as one example anyway.
He looks more Chinese... he is tall though.

Do you generally find east asians/orientals attractive or is it just him? Fancied any others you have seen?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Divine Hedgehog
East Asians make up 2% of the UK population so even if a girl does find us very attractive the the chance she has dated one is still very slim.

"Would you date an East Asian?" would be a better question I should have asked in hindsight

you've got a point there, so maybe that question may be unreliable. Maybe you would have to ask this question to women living in area's with decent amount of east asian people. I know manchester has a fair amount of east asians. Central London too is full of them. Other parts of London though you usually see them less.

I don't think asking "Would you date an East Asian?" will give reliable results though. When you ask people questions like "would you date a black girl" ...people often say "I haven't before but....well um, yeah... Beconyce's hot!" .....or when you ask them "would you date a black guy?" ....they might say "Tyson Beckford ... yummm" ....but realistically how many black girls look like Beyonce? .....and how many black guys walking around do you see looking like Tyson Beckford? ...and beyonce and Tyson arn't even fully black.

so when you ask people "would you date [Insert Race here] and they say yes, most often they are only willing to consider dating like the top 5% of that race. This does not help you if you are one of the other 95% of said race.

would not be at all surprised if ella's dentist looks like Taylor lautner.

do you look like Taylor lautner OP?

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone or anything, but all i'm saying is these types of topics asking would you date x race or do you find x race attractive do not yield very reliable information.
(edited 7 years ago)
Never say never, I'm not usually attracted to East Asians but did have a ONS with a guy from Thailand.

Watching a show at the minute where the male romantic lead is East Asian. The white female writer and female lead has said she grew up in an area with loads of sporty, cool Asian guys that she feels aren't represented on TV.
Original post by ANM775
you've got a point there, so maybe that question may be unreliable. Maybe you would have to ask this question to women living in area's with decent amount of east asian people. I know manchester has a fair amount of east asians. Central London too is full of them. Other parts of London though you usually see them less.

I don't think asking "Would you date an East Asian?" will give reliable results though. When you ask people questions like "would you date a black girl" ...people often say "I haven't before but....well um, yeah... Beconyce's hot!" .....or when you ask them "would you date a black guy?" ....they might say "Tyson Beckford ... yummm" ....but realistically how many black girls look like Beyonce? .....and how many black guys walking around do you see looking like Tyson Beckford? ...and beyonce and Tyson arn't even fully black.

so when you ask people "would you date [Insert Race here] and they say yes, most often they are only willing to consider dating like the top 5% of that race. This does not help you if you are one of the other 95% of said race.

would not be at all surprised if ella's dentist looks like Taylor lautner.

do you look like Taylor lautner OP?

I'm not trying to have a go at anyone or anything, but all i'm saying is these types of topics asking would you date x race or do you find x race attractive do not yield very reliable information.

He looks nothing like Taylor Lautner. I found a photo of him online but don't think it would be right to post it without permission haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
He looks nothing like Taylor Lautner. I found a photo of him online but don't think it would be right to post it without permission haha.

Not stalker-ish at all. :h:
Original post by Mr Smurf
Not stalker-ish at all. :h:

I want his babies 🙂
Original post by RainMakesWhisky
Never say never, I'm not usually attracted to East Asians but did have a ONS with a guy from Thailand.

Watching a show at the minute where the male romantic lead is East Asian. The white female writer and female lead has said she grew up in an area with loads of sporty, cool Asian guys that she feels aren't represented on TV.

What's the show called?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending