The Student Room Group

do muslims have a future in the west?

As Islamophobia is on the rise, and it's only going to get worst as time goes by.
what you think will happen in 20 years will the Muslim continue to grow, or will all Muslim be departed in present .
I think the second is likely more (i'm Muslim btw)

Scroll to see replies

Yes you do! You won't get deported lol, it's illegal to deport British people from Britain.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Your religion is one of inherent barbarism and invasion, and that is why many are not keen on Islamic immigration.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do muslims think about LGBT rights? I saw a poll from 2009 which said 91%of British muslims thought homosexuality should be illegal?! Surely no true?! As a muslim what are your views on homosexuality?
Original post by SonOfNineMothers
they can stay as long as they ditch nasty islam

Of course they do. It's only hysterical extremists on either side who believe otherwise.
Original post by SonOfNineMothers
they can stay as long as they ditch nasty islam

No, actually they're allowed to keep their religion since we have freedom of religion in this country. As long as they don't break any British laws by following their religion, they are allowed to stay. And even those who don't abide by British laws aren't going to be deported, they will be tried for their crimes in Britain and sentenced here just like any other British criminal.
Reply 7
I think it's slowly modernising. Most young muslims are fine with homosexuality and don't practice extreme Islam unless they've been radicalised but that's a separate issue. As a whole, it's changing. I'd like to remind you that Jews and Christian's that practice their religion won't welcome gays with open arms as you might be fooled to believe.
Original post by zayn008
I think it's slowly modernising. Most young muslims are fine with homosexuality and don't practice extreme Islam unless they've been radicalised but that's a separate issue. As a whole, it's changing. I'd like to remind you that Jews and Christian's that practice their religion won't welcome gays with open arms as you might be fooled to believe.

Actually, we do.
Reply 9
Original post by truthornot123
What do muslims think about LGBT rights? I saw a poll from 2009 which said 91%of British muslims thought homosexuality should be illegal?! Surely no true?! As a muslim what are your views on homosexuality?

Athiest/agnostic here, but how the F*ck will they have surveyed over a billion Muslims? Also let's not forget UK only legalised homosexuality in 1967

EDIT: saw British muslims, not the world's population of Muslims, same thing applies though, no way in hell they managed to survery millions of Muslims. & I've found the poll it's from the guardian, the sample was of 1000 British muslims. It's absurd to generalise millions/billions from that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by truthornot123

I think homosexuality is wrong but that doesn't mean I would wanna harm or say nasty things to them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by zayn008

Well then they aren't exactly Muslims are they, same with the Christians and Jews who basically disagree with everything the religion says and still claim to be one.
Reply 12
I have many muslims friends who embrace western culture (I'm gay and all of them have no problem with it), I'm hopeful that younger generations who have grown up with much more diverse social circles can help move past these differences and just live together....
Reply 13
Original post by Ray04
Athiest/agnostic here, but how the F*ck will they have surveyed over a billion Muslims? Also let's not forget UK only legalised homosexuality in 1967

EDIT: saw British muslims, not the world's population of Muslims, same thing applies though, no way in hell they managed to survery millions of Muslims. & I've found the poll it's from the guardian, the sample was of 1000 British muslims. It's absurd to generalise millions/billions from that.

Not familiar with statistics and random sampling, are you?
Reply 14
Original post by Yaboi
Well then they aren't exactly Muslims are they, same with the Christians and Jews who basically disagree with everything the religion says and still claim to be one.

Being gay and accepting gays are different things. This isn't their country and muslims are told to respect the laws and communities of land that isn't theirs.

Original post by Ladbants
Actually, we do.

Ask your priest what he thinks of homosexuality. Did you attend bible class as a child? How religious are you? I think muslims will become like most Christian people soon, where they say they are but are hardly religious in terms of how much they do. That's why I said "practicing".
Original post by c0lew0rld
As Islamophobia is on the rise, and it's only going to get worst as time goes by.
what you think will happen in 20 years will the Muslim continue to grow, or will all Muslim be departed in present .
I think the second is likely more (i'm Muslim btw)

It won't work. Most white people are against Islamification of their country, and eventually there would be a breaking point.

People in the US have basically voted for a ban on all Muslims entering, so there's your answer for the US.

Eastern European countries are extremely anti - Muslim. Countries such as Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia are not taking in refugees and I think Slovakia recently banned Islam.

As for Western Europe, Merkel has said that the refugees will be sent back after the Syrian war is over.

So, as for Muslims in the West, it seems it will be only happening long term in UK, Germany and France. Everywhere else that actually have functioning immigration systems, it's not happening.
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, but as the generations pass they will probably become a lot less conservative and Islam will essentially die just like Christianity has.
Reply 17
It depends on a lot of factors. I believe that the sole reason so much Islamophobia exists is that ISIS is around, Europe is not doing so well economically, we have political problems and there's a ton of tensions in the world. If ISIS gets defeated, the economic situation gets better and European citizens get their trust in government and political institutions back, it'd do a great deal in accepting other people and living with them peacefully. Whenever we face diffculty or problems, we tend to blame certain people and are generally less accepting of others. Islam isn't a barbaric or violent religion. Just like Christianity, I believe it's a religion which, if practised the right way (this doesn't include ISIS members, Boko Haram or the Saudi government), is great and poses no threat to anyone at all. We can't see the future and we have no idea what's going to happen, but I believe that if things are going to get better in the West, Islamophobia will die out.
Reply 18
Original post by Mieleki
Not familiar with statistics and random sampling, are you?

Apparently neither are you, tell me how can you generalise 2+million British muslims from a sample of 1000? That's like a sample of 0.05% and you think that's representative?
Original post by Ray04

I don't think you understand how statistics work. You don't need to survey every single British Muslims to give a fairly accurate representation of what they believe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending