Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever walked out of the cinema half way through the movie? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If so why?

ReputationRep:
    No, otherwise I'd feel awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. When the film was so awful I refused to waste more of my time on it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, can't remember the film, but I made the mistake of going on a Saturday afternoon when the cinema was full of kids.

There was popcorn and maltesers being thrown from the start of the trailers. Kids were running around and playing music through their phones. I eventually left when someone threw a metal spoon at the back of my head (who the **** takes cutlery to a cinema?).
    • Political Ambassador

Yes when there was an emergency and I had to leave, but omg there was one time I was so tired..I fell asleep at the movie and woke up after an hour. :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Yes when there was an emergency and I had to leave, but omg there was one time I was so tired..I fell asleep at the movie and woke up after an hour. :rofl:
    No one woke you up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Yes, can't remember the film, but I made the mistake of going on a Saturday afternoon when the cinema was full of kids.

There was popcorn and maltesers being thrown from the start of the trailers. Kids were running around and playing music through their phones. I eventually left when someone threw a metal spoon at the back of my head (who the **** takes cutlery to a cinema?).

I eat popcorn like cereal. with spoons

ReputationRep:
    Only once. That Tim Burton Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd heard of it and seen clips on ads and stuff. It was on again because Christmas. Went to see it, and I thought it was so balls I had to leave.

Oh yeah, and I wish I had walked out of Lost in Translation. I so so wanted to bail because of the awfulness of it, but I was on a date and it would have been BM.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by S2M)
    No one woke you up?
    My friends know that when I'm taking a nap, it's impossible to wake me up sooo they just let me rest. Lmao.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    My friends know that when I'm taking a nap, it's impossible to wake me up sooo they just let me rest. Lmao.
    lol I would of threw water at your face.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No, but I have wanted to during the movie "Hop", Dawn of The Planet of The Apes and The Avengers. Terrible movies.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, found out it was a Bollywood movie.

ReputationRep:
    Once before Because I farted

ReputationRep:
    I've sat through a handful of pretty awful movies in the cinema (Miami Vice comes to mind). But I've never left a screening as I paid for them and I'm usually very patient with slow/boring movies. 95% of the time I'm extremely selective of which films I see at the cinema cos tickets are so expensive anyway (I mostly watch the summer blockbusters and thoroughly enjoy all of them). But every now and then I do get it wrong, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    Yep, found out it was a Bollywood movie.
    And it wasn't obvious from the film's title, poster or names of the cast and crew?

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Jennifer Lawrence. I'm joking. I walked out during THG: Part One because I couldn't tolerate the obnoxious acting done by said female lead.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. Felt like it in Avengers Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 and Star Trey Beyond. Yawn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asif007)
    And it wasn't obvious from the film's title, poster or names of the cast and crew?
    Wasn't any guide so we accidently went into the wrong theater.
    When the movie started we thought it was a form of mispronounced english from the side cast, until they actually spoke english with the accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    Wasn't any guide so we accidently went into the wrong theater.
    When the movie started we thought it was a form of mispronounced english from the side cast, until they actually spoke english with the accent.
    Oh ok. Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    BeCuse the film is so dead that staying it is even worse than staying for the sake of your money spent. I usually try get into another screen if this happens

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.