Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is the case for H History + similar subjects as well. I havent sat the prelim or exam yet, and my biggest worry is not memorising the content, but writing it out in just 2h and 15 minutes.

So, the breakdown is:
    2x Twelve Mark Essays
    1x 20 Mark Essay
    2x Source questions worth 8 marks each

in AH english you get an hour and a half to write one 20 marker and nothing else!!

I heard that it used to be two and a half but now it's been made shorter.

Obviously it's doable but is it not a bit of a rush ? Just me who thinks SQA is out to give us Repetitive Strain Injuries through vigorous writing at high speeds?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    When you start writing in the exam you can do it, just make sure before you start an essay to at least have an idea in your head of what you are going write for each paragraph so when you are writing it is easier. Also source questions take longer to do than what you think it will, don't worry if you start to think you are falling behind.

My main advice would be just learn the knowledge with examples as well, don't bother memorising essays as it is harder to alter those in the exam. Try and memorise facts, which can suit a whole host of different questions.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a website which is good for facts for the Modern Studies units?

ReputationRep:
    The time I found tough last year as I never manage to finish the paper. Last year I completed 20 marker, 2x 8 marker source q and a 12 marker and 1/3 of the other 12 marker. Don't worry about timing I still ended up with 50/60. If you know you're stuff you'll be fine (I found it easy because of how much I enjoyed it). The assignment is very important I got 27/30 which helped get me my A.

ReputationRep:
    The old higher was longer but there was 2 paper and out of 80 marks i think?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.