Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips for giving a presentation in front of the entire class. ON YOUR OWN? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Tips for giving a presentation in front of the entire class. ON YOUR OWN?

As the title states. I'm a nervous wreck, I'm awful at giving any kind of presentation. But this is important. Help?

ReputationRep:
    BMP

ReputationRep:
    ???????????????

ReputationRep:
    Well, just be yourself. Try to blank out the audience and really feel your presentation. Just remember that if you're nervous it'll go bad.. so you're being counter productive. You can be nervous but try to push past it, better to look stupid and try than to look stupid and be stupid

ReputationRep:
    Just think that everyone else has to do the presentation too, and they'll most likely be feeling nervous too.
    Also, it's a class presentation so no one will really focus on you anyway.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Deep breaths, don't cry, try not to have a shaky voice, and practice. That's it really. I've been doing presentations since I was 12 at school, nearly 9 years, and I still kinda suck at it, but those things work

ReputationRep:
    Know your material and be confident.

ReputationRep:
    Practice, practice, practice. And if it's anything like my experiences, your classmates won't even pay attention... but i don't know what the context of your situation is, it's probably different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZiggyStarDust_)
    Tips for giving a presentation in front of the entire class. ON YOUR OWN?

As the title states. I'm a nervous wreck, I'm awful at giving any kind of presentation. But this is important. Help?
    I'm horrible at presenting but just prepare for it and take deep breaths. Soon you'll be in the flow of things as you'll know what you are talking about.

Smiling sometimes helps me to show I'm enjoying it (when I'm NOT)

ReputationRep:
    Don't see it as a presentation, see it as if you're telling them a story rather, less scary already! Also, don't make a lot of text and have a paper in front of you with that text on it. You're not going to be able to present it well, and most likely you're going to screw up once, making you panic. Instead of studying a sheet of paper with text, study your topic! Make a powerpoint presentation with that exact key words on them so that, with your knowledge, you can talk freely if you see those words. Use pictures/videos to bring your topic to life and engage your classmates in your story through asking them questions.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, don't follow the saying "imagine the audience naked".

Awkward boner in GCSE english presentation didn't exactly help.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.