Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good evening,

I sent my application at 17.56 today. However, UCAS takes approximately 48 hours for sending the application to the universities. Does it mean that the universities will receive the application before the deadline and as consequence will I not be considered in the same way as the other applicants that applied before the 15th of january? In addition, I heard that who applies earlier have more chances to get into the university, is it true?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simone14)
    Good evening,

I sent my application at 17.56 today. However, UCAS takes approximately 48 hours for sending the application to the universities. Does it mean that the universities will receive the application before the deadline and as consequence will I not be considered in the same way as the other applicants that applied before the 15th of january? In addition, I heard that who applies earlier have more chances to get into the university, is it true?
    You met the deadline so you re fine, there shouldn't be more chances as the deadline is for equal consideration however doing it at the utter last minute doesn't look brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You met the deadline so you re fine, there shouldn't be more chances as the deadline is for equal consideration however doing it at the utter last minute doesn't look brilliant.
    That`s good, thank you very much!

However, I hope this is not going to ruin my application, I know it Is not good to see but at least I have sent it before the deadline!

Thank you again

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.