Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm definitely going to take Computing, Maths and Psychology but I'm not sure if I should take Biology along with them or not.
    I'm hoping to study Computing in the future but if I mess up on Computing then I'll do Psychology which is why I'm considering taking Biology (I also like Biology in general). I've been told that 4 A Levels is a lot so I'm sooooooo confused as to what I should do!!!!
    (Also all the stuff has changed now meaning that I have to do the subjects over 2 years rather than being able to do an AS so yeah that's annoying.)
    Anyways I'd really appreciate your feedback!

ReputationRep:
    it depends on you
    are you someone who can go through the pressure of revision and actually get on with it or are you someone who finds it difficult to study for a long time and finds it really easy to get distracted and procrastinate?
    and from then decide, I've heard that A levels are very stressful, I'm doing BTEC so I cant relate, but a LOT of people are saying that it's a lot of work, so I guess you should ask your teachers, since they know you better and know what kind of student you are.
    Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ridz01)
    Okay so I'm definitely going to take Computing, Maths and Psychology but I'm not sure if I should take Biology along with them or not.
    I'm hoping to study Computing in the future but if I mess up on Computing then I'll do Psychology which is why I'm considering taking Biology (I also like Biology in general). I've been told that 4 A Levels is a lot so I'm sooooooo confused as to what I should do!!!!
    (Also all the stuff has changed now meaning that I have to do the subjects over 2 years rather than being able to do an AS so yeah that's annoying.)
    Anyways I'd really appreciate your feedback!
    4. or 6

ReputationRep:
    If you have to carry them on to A2, I would stick with 3. I do 4 very heavily essay based subjects + EPQ, and it honestly is a major workload - and thats coming from a dedicated student who loves all their subjects. However, I can drop after this year and get an AS level. I wouldn't advice doing all 4 to A2 as the workload, along with UCAS applications will be quite tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie.mn)
    If you have to carry them on to A2, I would stick with 3. I do 4 very heavily essay based subjects + EPQ, and it honestly is a major workload - and thats coming from a dedicated student who loves all their subjects. However, I can drop after this year and get an AS level. I wouldn't advice doing all 4 to A2 as the workload, along with UCAS applications will be quite tough.
    Okay thanks I'll probably end up sticking to 3 A Levels

ReputationRep:
    Honestly please do 3, for the sake of your sanity! I do Biology along with Chemistry and History, and Bio is easily the one with the highest workload. I've heard from friends that Psychology is a lot of work too. I'm in my second year of sixth form so did 4 AS subjects last year, and I only know two people who carried on doing 4 for this year, both of them are strongly considering dropping a subject if their uni offers allow it.

I think at the end of the day you'll do better if you do three subjects and do well than if you do four and do average in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LailaLiquorice)
    Honestly please do 3, for the sake of your sanity! I do Biology along with Chemistry and History, and Bio is easily the one with the highest workload. I've heard from friends that Psychology is a lot of work too. I'm in my second year of sixth form so did 4 AS subjects last year, and I only know two people who carried on doing 4 for this year, both of them are strongly considering dropping a subject if their uni offers allow it.

I think at the end of the day you'll do better if you do three subjects and do well than if you do four and do average in them
    Yeah I'll most likely do that thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do 3, do 4 only if you are a book worm kind of guy, if you know what I mean.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.