The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

daughter looking at DeMontfort for History

My daughter is going to do History and has an offer to start Autumn 2017.
I am interested to know what in particular led others to choose this over others.
The environment/location? Recommendations? Obviously some others are ranked higher but does that matter?
Any thoughts gratefully received, thanks
The most important thing is that the course is what she wants to study every day for the next 3 years - even if the Uni/city is amazing, if the course does not interest/engage her, she'll have a very long/boring 3 years. 'Ranking' is just marketing nonsense - it doesnt tell you anything useful like 'is the course for me' or 'will I enjoy it', and despite what school-leavers often believe, the vast majority of mainstream employers do not use rankings or even 'which Uni' to sift job applications.

Lots more advice about how to choose a Firm/Insurance here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
The university has such a modern and recently updated campus that it would be hard to say no to. The facilities with a 24/7 library is amazing and the accommodations proving to be just as great! I too study history at de montfort and I don't regret my decision. Definitely encourage her to join a society, uni wouldn't be the same without being apart of one.
@studentdad

Hi Student dad,

There are many factors which go in to deciding which university to go to, ranking can play a part in the decision but there are many other factors to ensure the university your daughter choose is the best fit for her; for example facilities, teaching quality, living arrangements etc.

In the National Student Survey 2016 our History course was ranked the highest possible rating of 100% satisfaction by our students. It was also ranked the UK's top 10 for teaching quality and student experience in The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017. Also, more recently Leicester was voted in the top 5 of most affordable cities for students in the UK.

We hope to see your daughter in September :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by studentdad
My daughter is going to do History and has an offer to start Autumn 2017.
I am interested to know what in particular led others to choose this over others.
The environment/location? Recommendations? Obviously some others are ranked higher but does that matter?
Any thoughts gratefully received, thanks

Hi @studentdad

Just to let you know you have received some responses :h:

Hope this helps :smile:
Might you have preferred her to study elsewhere?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending