The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

daughter with offer to do History at Keele

My daughter is going to do History and has an offer to start Autumn 2017.
Enjoyed a good open day visit.
I am interested to know what in particular led others to choose this over others.
The environment/location? Recommendations? The ranking?
Any thoughts gratefully received, thanks
It was a lot of those things. For a start, the campus in general always feels very safe, compared to city universities that I visited. There's always someone around, no matter what time lectures finish. There are a lot of support services for students too, which is especially great when you first start there. The staff were also really down to earth too, and treated students like colleagues rather than subordinates. Plus there's always places to study with the library being open 24/7. Friends from other universities complained a lot about library opening times, so that was another thing that led me to choosing Keele. I know a lot of people who were put off by the ranking, but honestly it's better to look at the ranking for the individual course rather than the university as a whole. Keele feels like a community rather than just a place of work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
She can do better than Keele.....and why History? Do you know the employment prospects in humanities/social sciences?
She can do better than Keele.
I loved my time at Keele University. I chose it because of the amount of choice you get on the course. My major was in psychology but i was able to do modules in history, politics, media, criminology, sociology, and biology.
Furthermore I studied in Canada for a term. Most universities only offer study abroad if you are studying a language.
As Keele is a bit in the sticks, the union is very active and offers a wide range societies (more than my friends uni's did).

Quick Reply

Latest